Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

It is possible to use E8 as the spare assuming they get E11 up this year. E6 the current spare looks like it may be spending some quality time at 77.

Why wouldn't you just launch E11 directly to 129? You know Ciel-2 ain't goin' nowhere until mid 2009 at the earliest.

....since all the launch sites around the world are fully booked for several years.

Actually, I don't think it's the launch sites. It's the launchers. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, launch sites could make more frequent launches if there were more rockets available.

Why wouldn't you just launch E11 directly to 129? You know Ciel-2 ain't goin' nowhere until mid 2009 at the earliest.

110/119 are still Dish's primary service locations. Losing 129 would not be as big a blow to dish as losing 110, so the spares stay at 110/119 area unless they are needed elseware.

I believe 61.5 is the main site, 129 just mirrows what on 61.5. The end of this month the Sky Angel transponders on 61.5 come back to Dish, so I believe then they will add some of the HD channels being talked about.

I would guess that there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Dish subscribers that Don't look at 61.5. I know I don't. Most of what is on 61.5 is mirrored on 129. IF it dies, you have serious problems unless you move EVERYTHING on 129 to 110 or 119. I am not sure they can do that, and if they do, there is no extra capacity. That is just a replacement.

I just heard a commercial on espn news (Sirius radio) that said they will be broadcasting on DISH and Direct starting Wednesday the 2nd. I have not heard this posted anywhere yet.

I believe 61.5 is the main site, 129 just mirrows what on 61.5. The end of this month the Sky Angel transponders on 61.5 come back to Dish, so I believe then they will add some of the HD channels being talked about.

Actually 129 is the main HD satellite and 61.5 is the mirror of it.

Until this last flood of changes only NE and SE used 61.5 as default.

If you want 61.5 in other parts of CONUS you must disconnect 129.

I just heard a commercial on espn news (Sirius radio) that said they will be broadcasting on DISH and Direct starting Wednesday the 2nd. I have not heard this posted anywhere yet.

Yeah, I'm gonna watch ESPNEWS until my eyes bleed for such an announcement before I fall for this potential April Fools joke. :rolleyes:

Actually 129 is the main HD satellite and 61.5 is the mirror of it.

Until this last flood of changes only NE and SE used 61.5 as default.

If you want 61.5 in other parts of CONUS you must disconnect 129.

you do NOT have to disconnect 129.

See my sig.

When I had 61.5, 110, 119 and 129, all channels that were mirrored between 129 and 61.5 defaulted to 129.

Only channels that were exclusive to 61.5 came from 61.5.

I could disconnect 129, run check switch to switch to 61.5 and it would switch to 61.5, but after the nightly update reboot, it defaulted back to 129 if it was reconnected.

If you do not disconnect 129 you get the weaker feeds from 129 instead of the stronger feeds of the same channels from 61.5.

This is not a joke, I heard it twice on espn news. I hope it pans out.

It will. I have been saying that all along. Dish will have ESPN news HD this week. I am not 100% sure about Disney HD, Toon Disney HD and ABC family HD, but I think they are a package deal.

And a lot of BSG people will be pissed off if SciFi HD is NOT on this week's list.

Those are my predictions. And all of my final four are still in the tournament.

The big question is whether they will be in position before 129 dies? and do any of us want to wait around to find out?
E-5 was declared dead once, and made a miraculous recovery. I'm betting on it lasting for another few months. Actually, E-5 works just fine here in the Heartland.

I am so sick that we, the customers have to shout to get our voice even ignored. If it weren't for the 622 and all the awesome shows I have stored on a HDD, I'd be defecting. I'd like to see Sci-Fi of course, Bravo, USA, FX, CNN (for tolerable HD news), and Cartoon Network. The next season of Venture Bros. will be in HD, and I'm wetting my pants just thinking about it.

I am so sick that we, the customers have to shout to get our voice even ignored.
You flatter yourself - who says anyone hears any of this? There are MILLIONS of customers, most of whom cannot operate normal everyday electrical items, much less understand anything about HD DVRs. I saw a tv segment about Jenny Craig some years back with her giant mansion with 12 tvs and vcrs in it, all of which were flashing 12:00.

Relax and be surprised and pleased when your channel line-up changes. If you can't because what you want to watch is on a different service, switch. You think you can't because of what you have already recorded but you would be surprised what you can actually live with.

Reading these threads is just like watching the news. Most of it is bogus information presented in a way to make you mad or afraid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)