Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

I tried giving DirecTV a shot at a 10-year DishNetwork Sub, and they wouldn't do ANYTHING other than what's on the website. Would have cost me around $500.00 to move. Ain't happenin.

Interesting, when I called them a month ago they were giving me HD DVR and great pricng and I think it was free HD DVR or $99 max. What stopped me is their DVR appears to be inferior to 622, no OTA DVR capabilities and thus only recording 2 things max concurrently and no DVR for OTA, I DVR 2/3 of what I watch OTA to get th original resolution. Sure the Dish down sampled rez is ok, btu side by side you see a tad softness to the dish feed vs. OTA. If the DirecTV DVR did same things Dish 622 did I woudl be gone by now.

I didn't see the Greenville/New Bern, NC locals on this list, for those that don't know I have contacted our local channels and have been informed that they are suppose to be working by end of March beginning of April. But they had a contract with Dish and DirecTV isn't there "yet" from what I was told.

I live just west of Rocky Mount and am fortunate to receive both the Raleigh/Durham and Greenville/Washington/New Bern locals compliments of the nice antenna that VOOM gave me. The PQ on NBC 7, CW 9, CBS 9 Are nothing to write home about. The audio goes out on CW9 despite a good signal strength.

Interesting, when I called them a month ago they were giving me HD DVR and great pricng and I think it was free HD DVR or $99 max. What stopped me is their DVR appears to be inferior to 622, no OTA DVR capabilities and thus only recording 2 things max concurrently and no DVR for OTA, I DVR 2/3 of what I watch OTA to get th original resolution. Sure the Dish down sampled rez is ok, btu side by side you see a tad softness to the dish feed vs. OTA. If the DirecTV DVR did same things Dish 622 did I woudl be gone by now.

Their DVR is disappointing in that it doesn't feed 2 television independently. For me to switch to 2 HD DVRs, 1 standard DVR and 1 Standard HD receiver...it would have cost me $396.

I've had Dish since 1996 and DirecTv's HD line up is really tempting me. Dish needs to step up. Voom programming just doesn't cut it any more.

I cannot FREAKIN believe Cleveland is not on that list. First 2006, then just a few weeks ago it's supposed to be by the end of the first quarter (which is 12 days from now), and now it's not even on the list?

WTF?

Tomyo,

Any channel that was listed and that is not listed currently is due to a technical issue. (A technical issue that has NOTHING to do with the new satellite)

For example here in Connecticut we were listed, but were not on yesterdays list. From what I am hearing is because of last weeks LIN Broadcasting announcement Dish wants to launch the Connecticut HD locals with the LIN stations included. This means they need fiber from the channels going to the various uplink centers. In addition the uplink centers need to be wired and equipment put in place to rebroadcast those channels.

From what i am hearing that they hope to launch the missing markets ON TIME however some the factors of getting those channels on line are out of their hands, so they pulled them off the list incase there is a delay.

All areas announced on the Charlie Chat are on the Radar and WILL be on Dish Network this year.

Yeah folks forget with Locals more than National Channels there usually more factors in play to get the channels up and going. Most of the time not always it is usually out of Dish control or any other provider.

Tomyo,

Any channel that was listed and that is not listed currently is due to a technical issue. (A technical issue that has NOTHING to do with the new satellite)

For example here in Connecticut we were listed, but were not on yesterdays list. From what I am hearing is because of last weeks LIN Broadcasting announcement Dish wants to launch the Connecticut HD locals with the LIN stations included. This means they need fiber from the channels going to the various uplink centers. In addition the uplink centers need to be wired and equipment put in place to rebroadcast those channels.

From what i am hearing that they hope to launch the missing markets ON TIME however some the factors of getting those channels on line are out of their hands, so they pulled them off the list incase there is a delay.

All areas announced on the Charlie Chat are on the Radar and WILL be on Dish Network this year.

Scott-
thanks for the clarification. Now one more question: It seems that the LIL's will be on 61.5. I have a Dish 1000, so I would need a wing dish to get the locals? And since I don't live in Cleveland, I guess I'd have to subscribe to something else that's on 61.5 to get the Dish?

Tomyo,

Then why has Memphis been taken off the list. I have spoken with all 4 station engineers. There is no tech issues. Dish hasn't even spoken with them.

It never ceases to make me wonder, what is the big deal about receiving locals in HD? Except for the occasional sporting event, the major networks prime time line up leaves much to be desired. I'm sure that viewing the typical sit-com in HD improves the story line??? As far as VOOM goes, at least you aren't bombarded with up-converted commercials. But, each to their own.

Then why has Memphis been taken off the list. I have spoken with all 4 station engineers. There is no tech issues. Dish hasn't even spoken with them.

Yeah well in most cases its not up to the engineers it's going to be someone who deals with the contracts with each station. I would speak to my local station engineers as well and they usually have no clue on the negotiations end of things. It all starts there with each station negotiating with the provider. So for Memphis area or any other local station market if you can its best to find out who does the negotiations for that station and see if they have been in talks with Dish or whatever provider it is.

It never ceases to make me wonder, what is the big deal about receiving locals in HD? Except for the occasional sporting event, the major networks prime time line up leaves much to be desired. I'm sure that viewing the typical sit-com in HD improves the story line??? As far as VOOM goes, at least you aren't bombarded with up-converted commercials. But, each to their own.

I am sure people are going get dissappointed the same way when they start getting the so called national HD channels. Because none of the channel providers have stepped to provide the quality content except for one or two shows.

I am sure people are going get dissappointed the same way when they start getting the so called national HD channels. Because none of the channel providers have stepped to provide the quality content except for one or two shows.

Yeah that can happen but when dealing with National Channels it all depends on what channels are added. They all offer different things and some are better than others so it will boil down to which ones they add. But yeah I think in the next year or so the content will get better.

"to each their own" says it all. I'd say 85% of what I watch is on the regular networks, with the exception of "the Shield" & would much rather watch new first runs in HD instead of a bunch of syndicated repeats in stretchovision...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)