Dish Network Receiver Changes Channels

chris0812

Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Alexandria, KY
Hi,

I'm new to Dish Network and I've noticed a few things that I didn't experience with Direct TV.
I have one receiver in the living room and that's it. I left the house today (I did turn the TV off), had the TV on TCM, when I got home it was on CMT.
Also, I love watching MASH so I have been recording some of the episodes. When I had Direct TV I was able to play them continuously without using my remote at all.
Every time I want to auto-play my MASH episodes with Dish Network, the receiver allows me to "select all", then "auto-play"....BUT it always plays the same episode first, but nothing else. I still have to use my remote to play another episode.

I know there are several houses in the area that have a dish on the roof, but I don't know if they are Dish Network or Direct TV dishes.
Thank you for your help!

I'm new to Dish Network and I've noticed a few things that I didn't experience with Direct TV.
I have one receiver in the living room and that's it. I left the house today (I did turn the TV off), had the TV on TCM, when I got home it was on CMT.

Yeah, you got one of those dyslexic receivers. TCM, CMT, TMC, CTM, MCT, MTC, etc. It just gets those letters all mixed up.

That is the new read your mind receiver. It changes the channel
for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hi,

Also, I love watching MASH so I have been recording some of the episodes. When I had Direct TV I was able to play them continuously without using my remote at all.
Every time I want to auto-play my MASH episodes with Dish Network, the receiver allows me to "select all", then "auto-play"....BUT it always plays the same episode first, but nothing else. I still have to use my remote to play another episode.

I know there are several houses in the area that have a dish on the roof, but I don't know if they are Dish Network or Direct TV dishes.
Thank you for your help!

Hey there! If you are looking for details and or step by steps instructions on how to access the "Power Settings" for a Hopper, you can always visit here. Hope this helps.

Check your receiver's "Power" settings. You're probably set for "Smart Channel" at power on that uses some sort of most watched algorithm to pick the channel. Change it to "Last Channel"...
I kind of like the feature. For example, when I turn on the TV in the morning, it knows that I want to watch the local news, regardless of which channel it was on the night before. But one thing that is annoying is that after I downgraded from the AT200 package to AT120+, the receiver will sometimes still try to tune to a channel I no longer receive, so I just get a "not subscribed" (or something like that) message. Seems like this would be a simple programming fix.

I kind of like the feature. For example, when I turn on the TV in the morning, it knows that I want to watch the local news, regardless of which channel it was on the night before. But one thing that is annoying is that after I downgraded from the AT200 package to AT120+, the receiver will sometimes still try to tune to a channel I no longer receive, so I just get a "not subscribed" (or something like that) message. Seems like this would be a simple programming fix.
As you watch a different channel each morning your receiver will learn that channel and your issue will go away sooner rather than later.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts