Dish Network Remote Tips!

Does anybody have a DISH remote that will work with a DENON A/V receiver [4802]? I have a DISH UHF Pro 8.0 remote that won't work with this A/V receiver. I was hoping maybe a latter version of this remote might work.

With a 522 receiver and two 6.0 UHF TV-2 remotes can I have one of these be used for the first tv output (channel 3) and the second be used for the second tv output (UHF modulated channel - example is 60)? I enabled TV1 UHF PRO Setup but I cannot get the first tv output that uses channel 3 to work with the TV2 remote. The address matches but on the system info screen it says IR on the left and UHF on the right. It is not recognizing the TV2 UHF remote on the first tuner/tv output. This is in dual user mode. How can I get this to work?

I figured it out after getting a replacement remote from Dish Network. They replaced the 6.0 remote with a 6.2 remote and it has three additional keys with it. I read the booklet and it told me to do the following:

First go to the "dish pro set up" screen from installation menu.

Make sure it's enabled.

That will allow you to highlight remote address 1 in the system info screen.

Last step is to press record button on a UHF remote that has been set to an address other than the one tv 2 is using.

The step I did not know to do is to go up to highlight the remote address. I did not know that I could do that. Once I did that then hit record I got the other TV2 remote to operate the first tuner and it shows up as UHF on the first tuner now. It works like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts