DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do they really phrase it like that? It does sound annoying/condescending.

That was the first thing the loyalty csr said to me when I said the prices and their fees were too high: Have you ever thought of lowering your programming down to a lower pack? I said back that I am already down to the top 200 and if I went much lower , it wouldn't worth the money to keep it. I had already dropped off both joeys off of my bill and just kept the super joey and the hopper itself. I simply felt that after as many years that I had been a loyal DISH customer -19 next January- that I felt that they could give me a break on my bill -especially with Directv enudating me with offers to sub to a $20.00 programming pack with HD and 130 channels in it ,not to mention a $200.00 credit card. They tried to tell me that their top 120 pack had hd and almost as many channels. I said back : that's ok but you aren't selling top 120 pack for $20.00 and your pricing it at like $59.99 a month and that is without a rsn. That was all it took to get my $65.00 off a month for a year promo or $780.00 off my bills. I don't feel the least bit guilty for taking money from DISH off my bill. DISH certainly didn't feel guilty for taking my money all these 18 1/2 years,that I have been paying to them.

Anyone can bargain for the best price they can on their cable/sat bill , phone, internet, etc. I have promos that save me money on all of those. I get $12.00 off my T-mobile bill because I have a Texas state retiree. I get my TWC internet bill at 20 mpbs turbo speed for around $53.50 a month and that is with Tax included. I get my Netflix account for only $7.99 because I have had it for years, but it will go up in another year or so to $9.99. I use my Bank of America credit card for gas /food and utilities auto pay and my Amazon card for Hba and supplements and prescriptions and vet bills ,because I get money back off of my two cards each month. I save around $40.00 off of my Bank of America card and another $20.00 off of my Amazon bill for using them. This means I can take my family to the movies on my reward credits each month or go out to eat someplace better than fast food. Saving money off your bills is everyone's right and responsibility as the Ceo of their household budget, that is unless they like paying more???

companies lke verizon fios who make talking to a human near impossible lead to customers with a bad attitude....

go thru 6 automated attendants, telling you to reboot your box, put new batteries in your remote etc etc....... then finally get the department only to hear all reps are busy now please try you call again later goodbye

or call at 4pm, get thu the hoops, be put on hold. finally someone to help. well what we can do...... the rep disappears, sorry our call center is now closed

we conclude all calls at 5pm we never pay overtime.

if you wonder why I absolutely hate verizon...

companies lke verizon fios who make talking to a human near impossible lead to customers with a bad attitude....

go thru 6 automated attendants, telling you to reboot your box, put new batteries in your remote etc etc....... then finally get the department only to hear all reps are busy now please try you call again later goodbye

or call at 4pm, get thu the hoops, be put on hold. finally someone to help. well what we can do...... the rep disappears, sorry our call center is now closed

we conclude all calls at 5pm we never pay overtime.

if you wonder why I absolutely hate verizon...
Funny..verizon is REQUIERED to have 24 hour repair reps

I get the same speech when I've called Dish and even Directv. Only I get reps who want to say you're getting a great deal with all of our great programming. Then they say I can save you 15.00 if you don't mind dropping a few packages down. If I do that then my wife and I lose channels we actually watch. Do I feel entitled to discounts ? No , but if I call and ask and each time I'm told that scripted speech then I'll be upset.

I just hate cancelling and then having to box receivers up and send everything back. I'd rather not cancel but if price becomes an issue then it leaves me with no choice.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'll be needing to call Comcast soon as my year-long discount that gets me 50Mb service for $45 will be ending in July I believe.

Performance Internet $66.95
Service Discount ($21.96)
Speed Increase $10.00
Service Discount ($10.00)
Total XFINITY Internet $44.99

This is why Dish( and DirecTV ) need broadband.

The top 17 ISPs added nearly 1.2 million broadband subscriptions in the first quarter, according to Leichtman Research Group, with cable companies accounting for 86 percent of that growth.

The LRG report comes as Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA), the No. 1 cable company, is seeing broadband subscribers surpass video customers for the first time. Comcast added a whopping 407,000 Internet users in Q1, accounting for the lion's share of the more than 1 million broadband subs added by cable operators in Q1.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/br...ble-accounts-86-growth-report-says/2015-05-15

And they need to hurry up, they are going to be left so far they will never catch up.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts