DISH Network Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My take away.

The calls are always better when charlie is on.

• Talked about Directv Merger. (Thinks its different now and could happen)
  • Closing Another 100 BB stores by Oct 2013.
  • Disney deal either it happens or they are walking and lowering there package prices. (No Sports said it would hurt in the short term but would allow growth in the future)
  • Charlie spoke about playing in the dirt pit for Light Squared said he's not included in dish meetings because of him buying Light Squared debt.
  • T-mobile only one left "Duh" however he did say if they can't make the wireless thing work they will sell the spectrum.

Interesting thoughts from Charlie. But lowering package prices without Disney/ESPN in them? THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! And why only close 100 BB stores? Just close the whole damn thing down. Yes, I know that BB was going bankrupt. But Dish squandered this acquisition. Sure Dish got it cheap and might even make money after all is said and done. But there still is money to be made renting video out of b&m stores for at least a few more years, you just have to want to get in there and do the right things. And it is hard to get back the goodwill Dish lost with BB customers.

I wonder if the whole comment about walking away from Disney and lowering the prices isn't posturing, but it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy for the feel of current negotiations.

It was Charlie being Charlie...Lets put it this way he probably already knows the outcome of the game, but is just staying quiet until its time for him to talk.

My take away.

The calls are always better when charlie is on.

[*]Talked about Directv Merger. (Thinks its different now and could happen)
[*]Closing Another 100 BB stores by Oct 2013.
[*]Disney deal either it happens or they are walking and lowering there package prices. (No Sports said it would hurt in the short term but would allow growth in the future)
[*]Charlie spoke about playing in the dirt pit for Light Squared said he's not included in dish meetings because of him buying Light Squared debt.
[*]T-mobile only one left "Duh" however he did say if they can't make the wireless thing work they will sell the spectrum.

I could try espn on my computer for the time being but after a while im not sure if that would work...if the dispute last to long...I could be looking at switching providers for the first time ever...it will be a wait and see approach

If Dish were to drop the Disney owned networks, I could see them lowering package prices, but only by $2 or $3, not the actual cost of those channels. Did a search online and ESPN costs on average $5.54 per subscriber, then if you add in ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, ABC Family and Disney Channel - all in the AT120 package - it is just under $8 per month for all those channels. I could see Dish dropping them, then lowering all packages by $2 or $3 but not the full $8.

I wonder if DirecTV experienced a net sub loss too?
DIRECTV had a net loss of 84,000 customers. Q2 is typically pretty brutal and it represents a net loss for DISH pretty much every year. DIRECTV has posted a Q2 net loss of customers for the last two years.

Q2 is always slow. No one wants to sit inside and watch TV once it starts getting nice outside. Q2 is generally the time of year people cut back on their viewing and spending. I know that I dumped all the movie channels I was paying for the last few years. That was $45 worth of programming.

As a whole, our business is slowest in April. Here in the midwest Q2 is when the farmers are busy and a lot of people are itching to get outside because they're tired of winter.

Well, we know that Dish is a solid company. We also know that the Hopper hasn't performed a miracle.

As a whole, our business is slowest in April. Here in the midwest Q2 is when the farmers are busy and a lot of people are itching to get outside because they're tired of winter.

I get that, I guess the reason I have a Hopper is when it turns into beach time Im there, but Im still recording my butt off LOL. Doesnt change my tv recording habits,, or lower my bill, just delays my watching.

As far as price, Im happy with what I get from Dish for the price I pay, Im just tired of the boat rocking from providers and programmers. Its getting old...

I just want my little auto pay deal every month and the ability to watch the channels that are supposed to be in my package.

If you are singling out dish for high programming costs, it's less expensive where?

Not slinging out Dish Kab.I'm talking about all providers.What I'm saying,goes right back to my first post about cord cutting.Dish won't be the only one to see sub loss.Neither the Hopper,nor the Genie,will be able to turn that around imo.

Its not price..its not value..its not sports.. Dish has lost its focus on the customer..some people just get sick and tired of a company that drops a channel at the hint of a dispute (yes everybody does it but some just to do it more) Dish just wants to make money..they treat employees like crap (plenty of articles on that) so they have heavy turnover in their call centers forcing customers to deal with poorly trained new reps. Once upon a time Charlie Ergen had the pulse of the customer in his heart of hearts now its just plain old greed

I have no problem with Dish customer service. DIRT is awesome. Online chat works well for simple things, plus having an audit trail. When channels were dropped I got credits or freebies without having to do much bargaining.

So you're right. It's not value, it's not price, it's not sports, it's not customer focus, it's enough of all these things combined that keep me here.

I agree dare2be,dish for the most part has always treated us as valued customers.My only complaint was the dish audit call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)