DISH Network Reports Year-End 2015 Financial Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) reported 2015 total revenue of $15.1 billion compared to $14.6 billion in 2014. Subscriber-related revenue in 2015 was $15 billion, compared to $14.5 billion in 2014.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31251396/dish-network-reports-year-end-2015-financial-results

allen bluegras

sorry guys i forgot to put it in the dish part of the forum that was my fault could a mod please move it to there thanks

Thread title makes it sound bad, yet their revenue went up by a half a billion. I doubt Charlie & Co. will be in line at the soup kitchen tonight. ;)

EDIT...Thread Title Corrected. :D

Last edited:
Thread title makes it sound bad, yet their revenue went up by a half a billion. I doubt Charlie & Co. will be in line at the soup kitchen tonight. ;)
true very true with the new hopper 3 dvr would't it be for new customers to join dish their numbers should be going up this year.i know that this year should be allright for dish.
DIRECTV reported that it gained a net of 214,000 video subscribers in the fourth quarter.

Lost another 81,000 subs over last year, where they lost 79,000. Strangely they continue to make more profits; due to price hikes and equipment fee hikes. But that churn number is still up and that is with Sling Tv numbers counted with the DISH satellite subs .

SEC 10K link:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1001082/000155837016003267/dish-20151231x10k.htm

They have done a nice update of many areas in this filing.

Lucid descriptions of their satellite slots and transponders, the fiber optic penetration , the local distributors developing new ways for full slate home delivery, the own your box issue (far from resolved) and more.

Sure looks like they will be continuing to slowly lose customers to other delivery systems.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/di...vpVQcZlNbrKRw8FHZNpywVWM8TILtkUt9hsLQziDW0%3D

Using calculations involving Dish's subscriber acquisition costs for 2015 and the operator's churn and total gross additions, MoffettNathanson estimates Dish added 220,000 Sling TV customers during the quarter. That shows healthy growth for the OTT platform but it also implies that Dish's core TV platform lost a staggering 223,000 subscribers in the fourth quarter. The analyst firm said in a research report that, if those numbers are accurate, it would make for the worst fourth quarter Dish has ever had in terms of traditional pay-TV subscribers, and during a historically favorable quarter for pay-TV in general.

That is pretty amazing because Dish had some nice promotions for new customers last quarter that recently expired. The new promos aren't as generous and will probably get fewer new Dish sign ups as a result. I got in under the wire, so am locked in for a year.

That is pretty amazing because Dish had some nice promotions for new customers last quarter that recently expired. The new promos aren't as generous and will probably get fewer new Dish sign ups as a result. I got in under the wire, so am locked in for a year.
new promos lock in for 3 years, and theres the hopper 3 and 4k. so this may be a better quarter

What they are going to have to do to ever have any substantial growth is to acquire or merge a wireless provider, either T-Mobile or Sprint, partner with one to lease or sell the spectrum that they have, or create a joint venture with Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint. They are going to have to have some way to use the spectrum that they have acquired and some way to bundle wireless service and wireless broadband to counter AT&T/DirecTV. That is likely the only reason DirecTV isn't loosing subscribers, the ability they have now with AT&T to offer a wireless bundle.

wireless broadband and tv do not go together
data caps ruin it
AT&T recently came back out with unlimited data if you are a DirecTV customer. I have an old, old, grandfathered unlimited data plan, and I use about 30-50GB per month on it watching videos about all day at work.
Plus, eventually the carriers will all come out with higher caps for wireless as there is no way they can get fibre out to all of the hinterlands that they need to cover. Its just a matter of time.

AT&T recently came back out with unlimited data if you are a DirecTV customer. I have an old, old, grandfathered unlimited data plan, and I use about 30-50GB per month on it watching videos about all day at work.
Plus, eventually the carriers will all come out with higher caps for wireless as there is no way they can get fibre out to all of the hinterlands that they need to cover. Its just a matter of time.

After 22GB of usage, AT&T may slow data speeds
i too am on an unlimited plan on vzw and use about the same
but there are not many of us left

Reactions: Troch77
What they are going to have to do to ever have any substantial growth is to acquire or merge a wireless provider, either T-Mobile or Sprint, partner with one to lease or sell the spectrum that they have, or create a joint venture with Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint. They are going to have to have some way to use the spectrum that they have acquired and some way to bundle wireless service and wireless broadband to counter AT&T/DirecTV. That is likely the only reason DirecTV isn't loosing subscribers, the ability they have now with AT&T to offer a wireless bundle.

Lots of people are dropping Uverse and going to DirecTV, there is no net growth. Dish may also pick up some of the Uverse customers. Uverse TV is being phased out because it is not profitable.

Reactions: Troch77
Lots of people are dropping Uverse and going to DirecTV, there is no net growth. Dish may also pick up some of the Uverse customers. Uverse TV is being phased out because it is not profitable.
AT&T is phasing out UVerse and they are migrating customers to DirecTV, the reason they are phasing out UVerse is they now have another, better video product, and they can use the bandwidth that UVerse is using on their network to be able to provide increased broadband speed in areas where they are able to completely migrate all to the DirecTV platform. Now, some of that "growth" that AT&T is reporting at DirecTV may be from some UVerse defections, but the ability to bundle wireless service, broadband, etc... is enabling them to at least hold and not loose subscribers. Dish will have to do something soon to be able to remain competitive. They are going to have to find some way to use some of that wireless spectrum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts