DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap 7/15/10

Mesh dishes tend to be lighter, and not affected by higher winds as much as the solid one (ie. doesn't become a parasail in a hurricane).

i agree i used to have a 10 ft mesh dish for c-band.but why does scott want it for dish and what is the advantage besides that for dish network?would it be better than the solid dishes for dish?:)thanks for the reply appreciate it

Id like to know where our 45 bucks per IPTV install money is going to come in?

We have done 10 of them in the last month and nothing came in for them.

Mike

Talking about the 922 update and how it allows playback from a EHD on the 922, they also talk about the Slingplayer Mobile App for the Andriod. Users can buy the app for $29 or if they want to hold off there will be a free version available from DISH Network later this fall. (huh!)

Maybe she was referring to the free Dish Remote Access app.

The mesh dish does look nice. Are those available now? Would like to replace my tailgate dish with that to make it easier to transport.

i agree i used to have a 10 ft mesh dish for c-band.but why does scott want it for dish and what is the advantage besides that for dish network?would it be better than the solid dishes for dish?:)thanks for the reply appreciate it

I think someone had said that the mesh reflector would not require the support rods that are necessary for a good install for the current solid reflectors such as the 1000's et al due to its weight.

As far as the aesthetics of the mesh reflector: I agree with Scott. I wouldn't mind one either. They do look good.

A 622 or 722 would work the same as if it was in Dual mode, it's just that the TV2 output goes to the sling instead of the Modulator.
Instead of or in addition to? If it outputs to both sling and the modulator at the same time, I'm sold. Otherwise, I'm not excited.