DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - August 18th, 2011

DISH Network is going to restrict sales of receivers on online auction sites such as Ebay and Craigslist.
Any explanation ? I'm sure it has to do with people buying leased receivers and not being allowed -- under any circumstances* -- to activate them.

* No "we'll do this as a one-time courtesy", for example

You can't but the software update should get to you before the season is done. :D :D
Come on, Scott ! That has to be one of the most commonly asked questions this site sees !! :)

Along with "how do I keep my receiver s/w from updating?" in which I answer "disconnect the satellite cables and it won't update". :D

Its spelled out above, at CES their new slogan is going to be "More Movies, More Music, More Magic!"

I think that says a lot (and note it does not say MORE SPORTS.

I think CES is going to be HUGE this year for DISH. I'd love to play around with some working XIP receivers and not the mock ups they used at the Team Summit.

i wonder what the new software will be...hmm any ides scott? ty for help :)

Something sugary and sweet made by the honey bees at Google. ;)

Next year they will launch a new equipment platform which will give them advantages over their competition. In addition he wants to push "More Movies, More Music, More Magic!" This will be launched at CES, and joe is inviting the press to a free lunch. :)
2 quick comments:
1- If your stated goal to Wall Street is to increase revenue per subscriber, by dropping sports channels you are dropping an audience that's willing to spend more $$$ to watch their sports.
2- More Music... Interesting, do they plan to bring back Fuse?

I dont know if its restricted just to retailers, or if they are going to make Ebay take down all DISH Network satellite receivers listed.

Dish could advertise having more movies, but I'm calling BS on more music. How bout adding Fuse back at least in SD since every other video provider I know of carries it in some capacity? I'll be switching to Comcast once I move anyways since I'm a bit tired of Dish's misleading advertising and lack of a streamlined on demand.

No I think dish is correct... they have more music channels then anyone else...

They are not saying they have more Music Video channels then anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts