DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - August 18th, 2011

I believe the no sales of receivers on eBay is meant just for retailers. I don't see how they would stop people from selling their own purchased receivers. If you are worried about purchasing receivers other than eday you can always buy them from local retailers.

I'm with Scott in saying that I'm pretty excited with what Joe Clayton is doing with Dish. I think they're heading in the right direction. They are setting themselves up for some big things in the future with wireless technology.

More music? How about a commercial-free, censorship-free music channel to replace the one they got rid of?

Scott, do you think Dish will get any of the sports talk stations at all? I know Sirius has some good sports stations.

More magic....Hmmm you know that little mouse is full of magic.:DLots of ways that could be interpreted.:rolleyes:

Question, what happens if dish does all of this and their subs continues to decline? What then? Just saying.. you can come up with a catchy slogan, and try to polish crap.... Crap is still crap no matter how much it shines... You know what I'm saying. If I want movies, I do Blockbuster or Netflix, IF I want music, I'll spotify or Itunes. If I want sports I will ......... Not tune into dish network.

Just sayin that Dish picks where there is market penetration allready, making it harder for them to compete, but on the one level where D* is the only one who holds the monopoly on the sports programming dish stay's away from. Why not pick up what separates your competition from YOU! After all its worked for Directv as they have had ZERO quarters of sub losses! Dish has had how many.

I find it amazing how some here can say what Joe is doing is the greatest thing, yet the sub numbers say a very different story! Shine it up as much as you want too.... A turd is still a turd! and it still stinks!

So still no announcement on the multiroom extender (Sling Catcher). I guess this means we are looking at October at the earliest for it.

Seems we've got some REAL surprises coming next year.

They probably ought to make the XiP lease only and be done with it. But with the tailgater, I'm sure they'll be selling ViP211K units for years.

I think Dish can restrict sales on Ebay and Craigs list like they have been doing already by saying its trademark infringement when you show a picture or use the Dish name.

I had a few of my auctions cancelled several months ago, until I had to remind them that I have a retailer agreement with DISH Network and it allows me to advertise and sell their products.

As far as im concerned, this is good news for me as im tired of Dishstore having to compete with stolen merchandise being sold below dealer cost on ebay.

So basically they are going to have a few people they will pay $10 per hour to browse the internet and flag auctions and listings on craigs list.

1- If your stated goal to Wall Street is to increase revenue per subscriber, by dropping sports channels you are dropping an audience that's willing to spend more $$$ to watch their sports.
I see this argument a lot but I don't see any evidence whatsoever to support it. DISH's ARPU increased more than DIRECTV's did this past quarter. This suggests your claim is suspicious if not bogus.

I'm sure it has to do with people buying leased receivers and not being allowed -- under any circumstances* -- to activate them.
This has nothing to do with buyers. It is mostly about shutting down those who are selling things that don't belong to them.

I wonder if this will also mean no more used Dish Network satellite receivers are to be activated in the future? From the way it was said it leads me to believe that not even the retailers would be allowed to sell new or used receivers on ebay/craigslist? I wonder if this may also lead to other Dish Network products to not be allowed to be sold on ebay/craigslist as well?

This has nothing to do with buyers. It is mostly about shutting down those who are selling things that don't belong to them.

Its all about buyer protection. Customer buys a used receiver on ebay thinking they can activate it as an owned receiver with no contract. They call Dish to activate it, and Dish looks like the bad guy when they refuse to activate it or make an excepton because its leased or owes a high ballance.

So the customer then feels they got ripped off by Dish, and decides to switch to Directv where they can get everything for free to start over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts