DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - "Hopper Special" - 2/16/2012

csschrot

csschrot

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Lincoln Ne
Scott, Just printed the training guide. According to the Customer Estimate Sheet if you have 2 Hoppers the WILL NOT be able to communicate to each other at launch but is a upcoming feature.

Just wanted to pass this info on.

Shawn

cosmo_kramer

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Scott, Just printed the training guide. According to the Customer Estimate Sheet if you have 2 Hoppers the WILL NOT be able to communicate to each other at launch but is a upcoming feature.

Shawn
Uh oh....

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA

Shawn

<groan>

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

Yes this is what I thought.

If you have two hoppers at launch they were be treated like two seperate networks.

T

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
Ahhh ... I was hoping the first Joey would have no monthly fees. So ... on top of my 722 ... I would pay $4 for the whole home DVR and $7 for the first Joey. So ... to watch HD on a second TV is going to cost $132 more per year with a Hopper Joey. The 211K is looking like a cheaper option for a second HD TV.

dare2be

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
So much for the leap day predictions. ;)
:p

So, a 2-TV setup is $17/mo, 3-TV is $24/mo? Right now, I pay $6 for 2 TVs. $11 more for HD on the 2nd TV and loss of integrated OTA (for now)? Not gonna happen. If the first Joey was fee-free I might have pulled the trigger.

N

Nova647

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 24, 2008
Yes this is what I thought.

If you have two hoppers at launch they were be treated like two seperate networks.

So basically if we get 2 hoppers before they are able to see each other... And the new nodes for 2 hopper systems combine them... How would you keep the 2 hopper networks separate until the update? I'm lost now

C

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Kind of a tough choice. You figure if the 1st joey was included for no xtra charge, I would of just went with 1 hopper and 1 joey but if they're charging $7/month for the 1st joey, I might as well go with two hoppers and enjoy the benefit of 6 tuners, but then I would have to fork over $199 upfront. And this is assuming that my upgrade will be free instead of paying $99 for that too. I don't know if I'm a plan A, B, or C customer, but since I have the everything pack and on autopay, I'm assuming I'm a plan A customer.:)

C

Chimera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 13, 2008
This is going to work so well for me, currently I have a 722 and a 222 but only use 1 tuner on the 222. I can replace the $14 222 with a $4 "whole home DVR" fee plus 2 x $7 joeys and get HD in 3 rooms instead of 2. Win!

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok now back to Amir and Brian.

They are taking questions now... I will update for any interesting questions.

cosmo_kramer

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Ahhh ... I was hoping the first Joey would have no monthly fees. So ... on top of my 722 ... I would pay $4 for the whole home DVR and $7 for the first Joey. So ... to watch HD on a second TV is going to cost $132 more per year with a Hopper Joey. The 211K is looking like a cheaper option for a second HD TV.

I agree with the prior poster who said the first Joey should be included, otherwise there's no whole home service. The $7 should be for each Joey after the first....

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So basically if we get 2 hoppers before they are able to see each other... And the new nodes for 2 hopper systems combine them... How would you keep the 2 hopper networks separate until the update? I'm lost now
Dont know that will be a good question for our ask a Hopper Question thread which I will be opening after the chat. :)

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Question is... what if a customer has a Hopper and it dies, is there a way to copy all the programming off... the answer is as of now NO unfortunately they will lose the content that is recorded.

G

gregleg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 5, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, the news that 2 Hoppers won't see each other at first kills some of the excitement for me. We have a 722 ("his") and 622 ("hers") right now. A single Hopper for the two of us would be tight (but doable since so many "cable" shows air multiple times -- I can see my wife's eyes rolling at all the conflict resolution though), and 2 independent Hoppers doesn't gain us much over what we have already...

LER

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
For me I think it's a win. 3 722's to 2 hopper/1 joey my receiver fees go from $34 to $18 (2x18 to 2x7+4)

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Tailgater accounts need to have two separate accounts according to Blake.

dwarren2

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I can live without the integration at first, but I can't live without the ota module. So until they bring that out, it's a no go for me.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok this is DUMB...

If you have a 211 and a tailgater and wants a Hopper setup you will need a seperate account for the 211 so you can use the Tailgeter.

This one is going to make some folks mad.

wlwgampa

wlwgampa

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 23, 2008
Franklin County, PA
So, if I am an AT120 customer, and get the upgrade for $99, and have 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys, my DVR fee is $6, the whole home is $4, and the Hopper/Joey combo is $31. Am I correct?