DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - "Hopper Special" - 2/16/2012

It's obvious that "aggressive pricing" was for one-time upgrade fees, not ongoing monthly fees :rolleyes:

Can you be arrested for sending obscene emails to Dish?

Actually don't care but I'm going to wait until an actual voice at Dish tells me no mixed accounts (but I won't swear on the phone at the CSR, it isn't something they made up.)
I just realized the up side: When I recover from the stroke I'll have when the CSR makes it official, I probably won't be able to drive my truck and go camping so I won't need an RV VIP so I will finally be able to get a Hopper without losing capabilities.

The Bastards.:mad:

Pardon my French.

Here's how I would have done it:

no change to the $6 DVR and $4 Whole-home fees
$17/mo (just like the 922) fee for extra Hopper, first Hopper included in package price
$5/mo for each Joey (since it doesn't have a tuner, it shouldn't be charged the same as a 211 with a tuner), first Joey included in package price

722 = $6 per month (1 HD unlimited SD)

722 + 211 = $$6 + $7 = $13 per month (2 HD and unlimited SD)

Hopper + 1 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 = $17 per month (2 HD)
Hopper + 2 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 + $7 = $24 per month (3 HD)
Hopper + 3 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 + $7 + $7 = $31 per month (4 HD)

So ... HD on a second TV is a minimum of $84 more per year ... or for new tech ... $132 ...

Indeed, although don't forget that with an RF modulator each of those "2/3/4 HD" can ALSO be "unlimited SD". Kind of a minor distinction given most of us want to be rid of SD feeds, though.

Well for all of us with 2 DVRs this March 15 offering is useless. What we wanted was true whole home DVR. If 2 Hoppers don't integrate, then you do not have whole home DVR and the $4 fee is a lie. With a 622 and 722 I have 6 tuners with OTA at each receiver. The problem is the 2 DVRs and 2EHDs cannot be seen by both receivers. This still will be true with 2 Hoppers so as to get 6 tuners. Another complete disappointment from dish.

So if your a current customer it's 99 to upgrade to a Hopper correct can you just get a Hopper or you have to get at least on Joey?? I have the 922 right now.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't agree with the fees.It makes no sense that a customer would have to pay more for 1 hopper and 3 joeys than they would for 622/722 and 3 211's.

Next chat on March 16th. And that wraps it up.

Thanks again for choosing SatelliteGuys!
Great job Scott and everyone. A very special request: since my head is spinning with all charges and prices (not to mention that I don't know if I am an A, B or C customer), would there be a post anywhere in SG where, very precisely and factual, we will be able to read a summary of all the info? Maybe with one or two examples also?
Thanks again.

I don't agree with the fees.It makes no sense that a customer would have to pay more for 1 hopper and 3 joeys than they would for 622/722 and 3 211's.
Its cheaper then cables fees.

My dad recently moved out to his own place and I had to decide getting him cable or DISH, and when I compared the costs DISH won out.

(Hell the cable company even charges you per remote control!)

I could see it was fair if the first hopper and joeys were included and didnt have a $7 charge for it.they could of made the first hopper and joey free of fees and charge after the first one :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)