DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - "Hopper Special" - 2/16/2012

I have to say I'm disappointed the 1st Joey isn't included. So a 2 HDTV system is $17 for Hopper/Joey, only $7 for 722/211 and $0 if you can live with SD or feed HD to TV2 by other means. I'll be sticking with my 722 and look for some other way to get HD to TV2. :(

Question, Whats the costs for a 5 or 6 TV home?

You can do it... for $199 for additional Hopper and $99 for each additional Joey for the hardware.

I have to say I'm disappointed the 1st Joey isn't included. So a 2 HDTV system is $17 for Hopper/Joey, only $7 for 722/211 and $0 if you can live with SD or feed HD to TV2 by other means. I'll be sticking with my 722 and look for some other way to get HD to TV2. :(
Not quite, the 722/211 combo would be $13 not $7 as that combo also has the $6 DVR fee.

I hope they come up with an easy way to backfeed a joey to additional outlets. That would make the costs come down enough for me to upgrade. I really don't need a joey at every TV anyways.

As for what's announced now, it's one joey too much in additional outlet fees that would keep me from upgrading.

So a 2 HDTV system is $17 for Hopper/Joey, only $7 for 722/211 and $0 if you can live with SD or feed HD to TV2 by other means.
You left out the $6 DVR fee in the last two options. So it's $17 H/J, $13 722/211, or $6 for just a 722.

n0qcu beat me to it.

Ok this is DUMB...

If you have a 211 and a tailgater and wants a Hopper setup you will need a seperate account for the 211 so you can use the Tailgeter.

This one is going to make some folks mad.

NO mixed accounts - this is so truly STUPID for existing customers that own their equipment! Dish has the head where the sun doesn't shine !!!

I don't see that as agressive pricing. With a 722 and a 211 my fees are $6 +$7= $13/mo. $31/mo is $18 more and if I want a 2nd Hopper add another $7.
As much as I like the Hopper/Joey the big price increase maybe a deal breaker since I am retired.

NO mixed accounts - this is so truly STUPID for existing customers that own their equipment! Dish has the head where the sun doesn't shine !!!
Can you be arrested for sending obscene emails to Dish?

Actually don't care but I'm going to wait until an actual voice at Dish tells me no mixed accounts (but I won't swear on the phone at the CSR, it isn't something they made up.)

My 2 cents. I agree with mdavej and others. Charging $7 for first Joey after adding a $4 "whole house fee" on the Hopper means that I'm paying $10 a month for a Joey HD content versus SD on my 2nd TV. I'll being look for a cheaper way.

I already have a 722k and am already paying the $6 DVR fee. If I upgrade to 1 hopper and 1 joey, I'm adding $4 whole-house plus $7 for the 1st joey = $11/month. I would rather get 2 hoppers instead if they integrate with each other for the same monthly price. If they don't at first, I might as well just get a 211k for just $7/month.

I only have one TV... so can I only have the Hopper?
I have Latino 2, so it say it will be free and 6 for the DVR, and thats it?
Cause I think I won't need the $4 extra fee for the whole home.

So I have a 722,612 and a 211 with AT250. I pay 23 in fees now and can take my 211 to the RV when camping. With the hopper my fees would be 10 for the dvr and whole house and no Joey fees because of my AT250? I would also need a second account foR the RV

I don't see that as agressive pricing. With a 722 and a 211 my fees are $6 +$7= $13/mo. $31/mo is $18 more and if I want a 2nd Hopper add another $7.
As much as I like the Hopper/Joey the big price increase maybe a deal breaker since I am retired.

722 = $6 per month (1 HD unlimited SD)

722 + 211 = $$6 + $7 = $13 per month (2 HD and unlimited SD)

Hopper + 1 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 = $17 per month (2 HD)
Hopper + 2 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 + $7 = $24 per month (3 HD)
Hopper + 3 Joey = $6 + $4 + $7 + $7 + $7 = $31 per month (4 HD)

So ... HD on a second TV is a minimum of $84 more per year ... or for new tech ... $132 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)