DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - "Hopper Special" - 2/16/2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott, Just printed the training guide. According to the Customer Estimate Sheet if you have 2 Hoppers the WILL NOT be able to communicate to each other at launch but is a upcoming feature.

Just wanted to pass this info on.

Shawn

Scott, Just printed the training guide. According to the Customer Estimate Sheet if you have 2 Hoppers the WILL NOT be able to communicate to each other at launch but is a upcoming feature.

Shawn

<groan>

Yes this is what I thought.

If you have two hoppers at launch they were be treated like two seperate networks.

Ahhh ... I was hoping the first Joey would have no monthly fees. So ... on top of my 722 ... I would pay $4 for the whole home DVR and $7 for the first Joey. So ... to watch HD on a second TV is going to cost $132 more per year with a Hopper Joey. The 211K is looking like a cheaper option for a second HD TV.

So much for the leap day predictions. ;)
:p

So, a 2-TV setup is $17/mo, 3-TV is $24/mo? Right now, I pay $6 for 2 TVs. $11 more for HD on the 2nd TV and loss of integrated OTA (for now)? Not gonna happen. If the first Joey was fee-free I might have pulled the trigger.

Yes this is what I thought.

If you have two hoppers at launch they were be treated like two seperate networks.

So basically if we get 2 hoppers before they are able to see each other... And the new nodes for 2 hopper systems combine them... How would you keep the 2 hopper networks separate until the update? I'm lost now

Kind of a tough choice. You figure if the 1st joey was included for no xtra charge, I would of just went with 1 hopper and 1 joey but if they're charging $7/month for the 1st joey, I might as well go with two hoppers and enjoy the benefit of 6 tuners, but then I would have to fork over $199 upfront. And this is assuming that my upgrade will be free instead of paying $99 for that too. I don't know if I'm a plan A, B, or C customer, but since I have the everything pack and on autopay, I'm assuming I'm a plan A customer.:)

This is going to work so well for me, currently I have a 722 and a 222 but only use 1 tuner on the 222. I can replace the $14 222 with a $4 "whole home DVR" fee plus 2 x $7 joeys and get HD in 3 rooms instead of 2. Win!

Ahhh ... I was hoping the first Joey would have no monthly fees. So ... on top of my 722 ... I would pay $4 for the whole home DVR and $7 for the first Joey. So ... to watch HD on a second TV is going to cost $132 more per year with a Hopper Joey. The 211K is looking like a cheaper option for a second HD TV.

I agree with the prior poster who said the first Joey should be included, otherwise there's no whole home service. The $7 should be for each Joey after the first....

So basically if we get 2 hoppers before they are able to see each other... And the new nodes for 2 hopper systems combine them... How would you keep the 2 hopper networks separate until the update? I'm lost now
Dont know that will be a good question for our ask a Hopper Question thread which I will be opening after the chat. :)

Question is... what if a customer has a Hopper and it dies, is there a way to copy all the programming off... the answer is as of now NO unfortunately they will lose the content that is recorded.

Well, the news that 2 Hoppers won't see each other at first kills some of the excitement for me. We have a 722 ("his") and 622 ("hers") right now. A single Hopper for the two of us would be tight (but doable since so many "cable" shows air multiple times -- I can see my wife's eyes rolling at all the conflict resolution though), and 2 independent Hoppers doesn't gain us much over what we have already...

Ok this is DUMB...

If you have a 211 and a tailgater and wants a Hopper setup you will need a seperate account for the 211 so you can use the Tailgeter.

This one is going to make some folks mad.

So, if I am an AT120 customer, and get the upgrade for $99, and have 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys, my DVR fee is $6, the whole home is $4, and the Hopper/Joey combo is $31. Am I correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)