This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - July 13, 2011

Will those that did not have a 501/508 receiver already active on their account be subject now to the DVR fees or will they also get two years worth of credits towards the fees? Or is this only for those with existing 501/508 on the account?

Good question, I have a 508 as a secondary receiver. Was told no price increases through 2012 but sure enough here it goes up again. I should have known.

Good question, I have a 508 as a secondary receiver. Was told no price increases through 2012 but sure enough here it goes up again. I should have known.

But its not going up, you are getting a credit for the difference for 2 years...

So you bill goes up ZERO.

A neighbour is a Dish installer and sometimes I'm over there and watch the charlie snoozefests. Some of the retail stuff mentioned (that Scott can't mention on the board) is interesting since I've been in retail myself.

ty scott for covering this and sorry you had to put up with another snoozefest and hope you had plenty no doz

Here's to hoping the automated billing doesn't screw 501/508 users!Somehow I have a feeling that some customers will see their bill go up by $3.Hope I'm wrong.

So still no concrete announcement for release dates on the sling extender. A year and counting from the PROMISED release date of last year in July.

No price increase on their "programming packages". They increase other fees to get around it.

Or amybe that is just the way to introduce the fee. After all before this 501 and 508 customers were simply exempt from the fee with no end date in sight----althouigh DISH could always have changed the policy. Now it at least looks like they will be subject to the fee.

Is the August 11th date correct for the Multi-sport pack offer or is that new customers beginning August 1st?
And it ends January 31st, 2012 regardless of the signup date?
thanks in advance

I am told there is no plan on making the Multi Sport offer available for new customers.

It is their way of competing against DIRECTV's Free NFL Sunday Tickets for new customers deal which is going on.

I am told there is no plan on making the Multi Sport offer available for new customers.

It is their way of competing against DIRECTV's Free NFL Sunday Tickets for new customers deal which is going on.

you mean no plan to offer it to existing customers?? If that's the case that's lame... I wish someone would have jumped in with a question as to when they will stop fighting with Disney and get those HD channels back.

... I wish someone would have jumped in with a question as to when they will stop fighting with Disney and get those HD channels back.

Seriously ... I wish Dish would do something with that six bucks a month they're going to start collecting for nearly-obsolete 501 and 508 DVR's ...

... just sayin'