DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - July 13, 2011

Model 501 and 508 receiver users will see a price increase on their DVR service to be in line with the rest of DISH Networks DVR services.

HOWEVER most customers will see a credit for that increase for the next 2 years.

This move is to fix issues with DISH Networks billing software.

If I swap out a 501 with a failing HDD, I am told it will be replaced with a 512. Will this fit into same fee structure as 501/508 ?

If I swap out a 501 with a failing HDD, I am told it will be replaced with a 512. Will this fit into same fee structure as 501/508 ?
It would seem that without special consideration, the DVR fee for a 512 is $5.98 versus the $4 listed in the table. Obviously this assumes that you aren't already paying the $5.98 fee for another DVR on your account.

It would seem that without special consideration, the DVR fee for a 512 is $5.98 versus the $4 listed in the table. Obviously this assumes that you aren't already paying the $5.98 fee for another DVR on your account.

Sorry, I do have a 722 as the primary on the acct and only pay the $7 solo for the additional 501 as well as the whole account $6 DVR fee. I just need to know if I send the 501 in for repair and get a 512 as I was told I would -- would this also increase the fee above the proposed 501/508 fee ? Yes, I know about the 2yr credit, just want to make sure that the 512 swap would qualify me for the 2yr credit.

thanks!

Sorry, I do have a 722 as the primary on the acct and only pay the $7 solo for the additional 501 as well as the whole account $6 DVR fee. I just need to know if I send the 501 in for repair and get a 512 as I was told I would -- would this also increase the fee above the proposed 501/508 fee ? Yes, I know about the 2yr credit, just want to make sure that the 512 swap would qualify me for the 2yr credit.

thanks!

Yes according the the dish team members here that is correct.If you do an upgrade then they hit you with the fee.For the swap 2yr credit.

Yes according the the dish team members here that is correct.If you do an upgrade then they hit you with the fee.For the swap 2yr credit.

I'm not sure I understand your answer. If my 501 is failing, and is sent back as an RMA - I was told earlier by a DIRT member that it would be swapped for a 512 - I wouldn't exactly call that an upgrade. I just want to know if it would still be considered a 501/508 and I would still fall into the same scenario going forward with the increase/credit starting after 8/11.

If you have a link somewhere where a DIRT member clarifies this issue, please point me to it. Yes, I asked about this when I talked with DIRT member earlier and was told they were unaware of any future fees. I sent them a link to this thread.

Anyone that may have any guesses or further clarification would be much appreciated!

I'm not sure I understand your answer. If my 501 is failing, and is sent back as an RMA - I was told earlier by a DIRT member that it would be swapped for a 512 - I wouldn't exactly call that an upgrade. I just want to know if it would still be considered a 501/508 and I would still fall into the same scenario going forward with the increase/credit starting after 8/11.
Sorry if I confused you,thought it was pretty easy to understand.

You will be getting a replacement therefore you will get the 2yr dvr credit.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...recorded-events-disappearing.html#post2581768

It is their way of competing against DIRECTV's Free NFL Sunday Tickets for new customers deal which is going on.
I would think that a more effective way to compete with D*'s Free Sunday Ticket would be to offer EXISTING customers the Multi Sport offer in order to try to prevent EXISTING customers from dropping Dish and going to D*

I'm not sure I understand your answer. If my 501 is failing, and is sent back as an RMA - I was told earlier by a DIRT member that it would be swapped for a 512 - I wouldn't exactly call that an upgrade.

i would call going from a broken piece of equipment to a working piece of equipment an upgrade. ;);) FWIW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)