DISH Network Retailer Chat Recap - July 13, 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome to another SatelliteGuys recap of a DISH Network Retailer Chat!

As usual we will only recap items of interest to YOU the CONSUMER and will not cover dealer sensitve information such as earnings and costs.

What will todays Retailer Chat hold for us? We will find out in a few minutes!

I will reopen this thread when I post the first update. Remember this recap is done in near real time, so any typos and erros made are mine. :D

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

And here we go...

We are welcomed to todays chat by Amir Ahmed and Brian Neylon. In the background there is one of those new DISH Tailgater's that we saw back at Team Summit.

We are told that the Tailgater Launch will be one of the big topics of todays show.

They jump in by talking about some of the enhancements they will be making to promotions in April. If there is anything interesting mentioned I will let you know.

DISHFamly is coming back (not that it really ever went away) on August 11th for $24.95 for new customers its 19.99 for the first 12 months. And the $24.99 price is frozen until January 31, 2013.

For new customers from August 11, 2011 throug January 31, 2012 they can get the Multi-Sport Pack with NFL RedZon for a one time charge of 99 cents. Customer must have AT Top 120 or higher (or DISH America Silver of Higher)

After promotional offer period, customer can add the MultiSport pack back onto their account for the regular price of $7 a month.

Also for new customers (and also existing) the HD Free for Life Offer has been extended through January 31, 2012 with 24 month commitment or $99 one time fee.

The Blockbuster Free for 3 months deal for new customers has also been extended through January 31, 2012.

New DISHFamiy customers must be installed with Western Arc (MPEG2 Equipment) unless they are subscribing to HD programming in an Eastern Arc DMA.

Model 501 and 508 receiver users will see a price increase on their DVR service to be in line with the rest of DISH Networks DVR services.

HOWEVER most customers will see a credit for that increase for the next 2 years.

This move is to fix issues with DISH Networks billing software.

Attachments

• dish501.jpg
    dish501.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 544
And now they are onto question time. So not much again from this chat...

I was hoping to hear some news on the DISH Sling Extender, which I am hearing (RUMOR ALERT) will be available in Mid August!

Scott Greczkowski said:
And now they are onto question time. So not much again from this chat...

I was hoping to hear some news on the DISH Sling Adapter, which I am hearing (RUMOR ALERT) will be available in Mid August!

Do you mean the Sling Extender?

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

ty scott for covering this and sorry you had to put up with another snoozefest and hope you had plenty no doz:D;):)

Seemed like it had more info than many recaps. I found the 501/508 news of particular interest.

What's with the additional receiver fee being $10 effective 8/11 on that chart?

It's ONLY if you have any 501/508's as additional receivers on your account. (ie: NOT as the primary receiver)
Again, it's to match the added receiver fees of all SOLO DVR's, such as the 512 & 612 DVR's.

Model 501 and 508 receiver users will see a price increase on their DVR service to be in line with the rest of DISH Networks DVR services.

HOWEVER most customers will see a credit for that increase for the next 2 years.

This move is to fix issues with DISH Networks billing software.

OK, so now a question for the DIRT team...I currently have a 522 DVR w/NO DVR fee as my primary unit, as it was a replacement from DISH for the 721 DVR's that were shut off. Will I also be hit with a DVR fee now???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)