Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome once again to another SatelliteGuys.US almost realtime recap of the Dish Network retailer chat!

This chat could be an interesting one, as there could be an announcement of more new HD coming to Dish. On Monday Night there is a Charlie Chat. When dish has announcements they like to let the retailers know first which is why I believe (and I could be wrong) that the chat is being held on a Friday.

I should note that for todays Chat I am doing it in a lot of pain, I had some minor surgery yesterday, and am supposed to be laying down and taking pain medicine. The problem is if I take the pain medicine it makes me sleep, so I am off my medicine so I can cover this retailer chat for you our members. :)

The chat will begin at noon and updates to this thread will follow shortly after! (I will reopen this thread once the chat starts and the first comments are posted)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

And here we go! Jim and Tom welcome us. They tell us this show will be heavily focused on the Eastern Arc service. They run over the adgenda of todays show and there is no mention of any new programming line ups.

They start by talking about retailers taking 3rd party leads.

Next they move on to talk about the smart card swap, they mention that the new smartcards are married to the receivers and will have the receiver ID listed on them as well as the smart card id. You cant take a card out of a box and try using it in another box.

301s will get the new cards first then other models over time all should be swapped out by the end of the year.

Now talking about promotions for the 3rd quarter (just a recap of what was talked about on prior chats)

Attachments

• septchat1.jpg
    septchat1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 308
  • septchat2.jpg
    septchat2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 567
  • septchat3.jpg
    septchat3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 530
  • septchat4.jpg
    septchat4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 517
"...so I am off my medicine so I can cover this retailer chat for you our members...."

You're nuts. Take care of yourself FIRST.

Sounds like your playing through the pain isnt being rewarded with useful info for us non-retailers. Yea, new promotions!:(

But I'll reserve judgement until the end.

sOn to programming...

HD locals the list from last month is shown those are coming this fall.

Now PPV ads are shown for an upcomiing boxing event. And a UFC fight commercial is shown. Next a WWE Unforgiven ad is shown.

Next NHL Center Ice is shown. There is an early bird special. (BTW it seems like there is a $1 ordering fee on PPV now no matter how you order it)

Next up we go into talking about Eastern Arc. They go over explaning Eastern Arc again to retailers (stuff we already know)

Attachments

• septchat8.jpg
    septchat8.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 696
  • septchat7.jpg
    septchat7.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 409
  • septchat6.jpg
    septchat6.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 531
  • septchat5.jpg
    septchat5.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 869
That's just a ridiculous charge... a simple example of nickel and diming. If you order it by phone automated, on the web, or from your receiver there should be no surcharge.

another silly charge?! geesh :(

That's just a ridiculous charge... a simple example of nickel and diming. If you order it by phone automated, on the web, or from your receiver there should be no surcharge.

Yet another reason not to bother with ordering PPV.

Eastern Arc areas will be expanded in a major way in just a few week, this means a lot of new markets will become EA eligible.

More reacping now on the Dish Mover program...

Attachments

• septchat9.jpg
    septchat9.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 754
  • septchat10.jpg
    septchat10.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 894
  • septchat11.jpg
    septchat11.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 773
Then they should just add a dollar to the PPV prices, instead of pretending the price stayed the same.

DISH is already the highest in pay per view prices now in the industry. I would hate to see another 1.00 added to it. I guess I will not use the pay per views ever again. :(

sd pay per views are 4.99
hd pay per views are 5.99

DISH video on demand -sd 5.99.
DISH video on demand -hd 6.99.