Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - September 5th, 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With all these markets coming online, some seem like very small cities, why isn't New Orleans on it? Are some of the stations here playing that much hard ball with Dish? What gives? We have SD locals. How annoying.

We are now joined by Phil Klein who is the VP of Marketing. (Jessica is on Business in NY)

He then shows us some new Frank Caliendo ads.

No offense to Jessica, but I like Phil, hes presentation is more lively and fun.

Phil is flying through all the new marketing materials.

Phil shoes a new hat which can be fitted with a bump cap insert, this will look like your wearing a ball cap but protect your head from bumps. Phil puts it on and Tom comes over and wacks him in the head with a 2x4. Phil seems unfazed, guess the hat works.

Phil then talks about Dish Latino.

Some international news from Tom, a new Hindi Elite package is launching on September 10th, and the Hini Super Pack will be adding two channels.

Attachments

• septchat12.jpg
    septchat12.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 235
Next up Leslie Harper, she starts off with a video of her at the Dish Netork booth at CEDIA.

Leslie says that the ability to control the TV 2 output with IR on the dual tuner receivers is almost ready and should be out in a month.

Now they are taking questons which means this chat is esentually done, if there is anything interesting asked I will report it... but now I am going to take a pain pill and watch the rest of the chat as I float into La La land.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys.

Attachments

• septchat12.jpg
    septchat12.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 182
  • septchat13.jpg
    septchat13.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 596
  • septchat14.jpg
    septchat14.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 426
THAT'S IT? NO more hd channels launched. WHat happened to more hd content by the end of August or the beginning of Sept.?

Another disappointment.

DISH is already the highest in pay per view prices now in the industry. I would hate to see another 1.00 added to it. I guess I will not use the pay per views ever again. :(

sd pay per views are 4.99
hd pay per views are 5.99

DISH video on demand -sd 5.99.
DISH video on demand -hd 6.99.
Yes, but let's consider the average Dish Network customer can't see past the fact he is saving $5 per month over DirecTV...before higher additional receiver fees, multiple DVR fees, higher PPV charges, paying for multisports pak since (unlike D*) Big Ten Network is extra, etc.

Yes, but let's consider the average Dish Network customer can't see past the fact he is saving $5 per month over DirecTV...before higher additional receiver fees, multiple DVR fees, higher PPV charges, paying for multisports pak since (unlike D*) Big Ten Network is extra, etc.

I don't even order HDPPVs from my D* HR21s anymore after the 24-hour limit. I have one 722 too, only ordered the two $2.99 1080p movies for some fun. There is no way I will order PPV at regular prices with the 24-hr limit, whether from E* or from D*.

Scott you hear me???!!!:) Hello!!!

Thanks for the extra effort, sorry we are all pissed by your report, not your fault.

A stupendously underwhelming chat. Again.

Oh well, I shouldn't complain, I've got more than I can watch already.

sOn to programming...

(BTW it seems like there is a $1 ordering fee on PPV now no matter how you order it)

Sorry Scott, but are you sure you didn't take some meds?

You missed the * which means only on phone orders. There is no charge on remote control orders.

Either Charlie's new approach is to have "non" chats like the last tech chat or the big story is what was suppose to happen and didn't? Otherwise did something happen that was not suppose to happen? Is this like HDNet last week, another near miss of some sort? Did they anticipate something happening yesterday at the Court Hearing? Is something suddenly not going well on E11? Or is IR and UHF remote stuff on TV2 just so compelling tech we needed this special day?
This seems like a big "hmmmm?" event.

Looks like we'll still get hosed here in DMA 153 when it comes to HD locals. Originally before the AMC14 launch we were supposed to have them by end of year. I suspect we're now looking more like next year, middle of next year, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)