Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - September 5th, 2008

Either Charlie's new approach is to have "non" chats like the last tech chat or the big story is what was suppose to happen and didn't? Did they anticipate something happening yesterday at the Court Hearing?

If the judge had made a decision yesterday (or this morning), it would have been absolutely imperative for Dish Network to be able to communicate with retailers as soon as possible.

Even if Dish had a response planned that would have resulted in no immediate changes to customers, it would have been very helpful for their business climate to communicate their response to the dealers directly.

why do people make a big deal about the dealer chat ,, its just info for just that retail dealers,,

When there is a big announcement, retailers frequently get told first. This was particularly the case today as there is a Charlie Chat coming Monday. Tell the retailers Friday, tell the subs Monday.

Next up Leslie Harper, she starts off with a video of her at the Dish Netork booth at CEDIA.

Leslie says that the ability to control the TV 2 output with IR on the dual tuner receivers is almost ready and should be out in a month.

Now they are taking questons which means this chat is esentually done, if there is anything interesting asked I will report it... but now I am going to take a pain pill and watch the rest of the chat as I float into La La land.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys.
Well, now was that worth martyring yourself for?:cool:

We are now joined by Phil Klein who is the VP of Marketing. (Jessica is on Business in NY)

He then shows us some new Frank Caliendo ads.

No offense to Jessica, but I like Phil, hes presentation is more lively and fun.

Phil is flying through all the new marketing materials.

Phil shoes a new hat which can be fitted with a bump cap insert, this will look like your wearing a ball cap but protect your head from bumps. Phil puts it on and Tom comes over and wacks him in the head with a 2x4. Phil seems unfazed, guess the hat works.

Phil then talks about Dish Latino.

Some international news from Tom, a new Hindi Elite package is launching on September 10th, and the Hini Super Pack will be adding two channels.

Scott,

Any idea as to what will be the new channels added?

Thanks

Here is a list of hd channels announced on the Charlie Chat months ago and that still haven't launched on DISH.

AMC
BET
CMT
IFC
MOREMAX (CINEMAX)
MTV
NICKELODEON
VH1

IF they add Moremax in hd then all 5 Cinemax channels that DISH carries will be in hd. I doubt that they will add the rest of the Cinemax channels . DISH already carries two more Cinemax channels than Directv does.

True, but they added zone HD and by adding 4-5 additional HD Maxs it will help them get to 150 HDs by the end of the year. Think of the promotion opportunities, 8 Max HDs for a penny on Dish, does Direct do that?

Still no Spike?!? That's the only Viacom station I actually watch! Good to see AMC/IFC, though. Still need to add Foxes and re-add Vooms...

I live within DMA #145 (Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK). It's kind of frustrating to see four local HD channels for this market just sitting there up-linked on the bird at 61.5° for over 5 months now yet unseen by customers in this area. Seems like a waste of bandwidth if the channels can't be viewed.

I live within DMA #145 (Wichita Falls, TX - Lawton, OK). It's kind of frustrating to see four local HD channels for this market just sitting there up-linked on the bird at 61.5° for over 5 months now yet unseen by customers in this area. Seems like a waste of bandwidth if the channels can't be viewed.

Well we do not really know if they are uplinked. They have a channel number assigned, but it could just be a slate running. Most likely it is just a slate while they wait for a fiber run to New Brunsfels. The local stations told me in Feb that they had a deal with Dish for the HD locals, so I bet it is a wait on getting the signal down to the uplink.

If the judge had made a decision yesterday (or this morning), it would have been absolutely imperative for Dish Network to be able to communicate with retailers as soon as possible.

Even if Dish had a response planned that would have resulted in no immediate changes to customers, it would have been very helpful for their business climate to communicate their response to the dealers directly.

This case won't be resolved--nor will there be any order of shut downs of DVR's--for a very long time. There are other similar cases that have taken the same road as Tivo vs. Dish/Echostar. That is why Charlie is taking this route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)