DISH Network Satellite TV Offers Pentagon Channel

nevermind? Why??

Whats the point of this channel? State run tv? What kind of deal did charlie cut with the govt for this crap? He sure can find "compelling" SD content when there isnt any HD out there. Glad my tax money is going towards a state run broadcast studio.

long_time_DNC said:
Saw the corporate announcement for this and thought, "Why? This is compelling content?"

What a joke. Eat up more bandwidth with a channel very few will watch? Why? :no
It's on the wings. It won't affect your HD bandwidth.

It is PAID programming. The Pentagon Channel is paying for their bandwidth. It is also a PI channel where the government requires satellite providers to sell space to public interest channels.

E* really doesn't have a choice. If it were not The Pentagon Channel they would have to sell the space to someone else.

JL

2extreme said:
That figures, goverment requires them to have public interest channels and then the goverment pays E* to show their channel and like the others said use bandwith that could be used for real programming, meaning HD content...
Yep. The public interest value of a dozen channels up to 11 million can watch is more important than a HD channel for you.

JL

I'm sure this is E* and D* fault that PI channels are taking up your bandwidth and not our "wonderful???" congressmen at work in Washington! People that get paid to pad their fat wallets making a career out of what was supposed to be a part time job and have turned it into a full time duty to tell YOU what's best for you! Bottom line, you got a problem with this channel and the other PI channels, talk to you congressmen, or better yet, run yourself and get rid of those a-holes all together and make a difference for all us pay-tv watchers everywhere!!!! They're the problem, the 535 money-sluts sitting on Capital Hill, not Charlie or Rupert!

As a veteran, with one kid in Baghdad, and another in the Navy, I am interested in what the services are doing. My problem is, I don't have a dish pointing at either wing to get this channel. Looks like I have a project for this weekend.

Hey, when does the Rumsfield Talk Show start?

Today's special guest........... the CEO of Halliburton discusses his favorite anecdotes about Iraq........

Later Darrell Hammond of SNL comes out and we have dueling Rumsfields... Hilarity ensues.

Later on Pentagon Classic..... See Wolf Blitzers reports from the Pentagon during Operation Desert Storm.

Some of you guys make me sick. I'm a vet and dam proud of it. If you want to bitch then how about bitching about some of the foreign crap that is now on DISH. We have more than 130.000 troops in harms way and that means a whole lot of family members that want to keep up on whats going on.

ken said:
Some of you guys make me sick. I'm a vet and dam proud of it. If you want to bitch then how about bitching about some of the foreign crap that is now on DISH. We have more than 130.000 troops in harms way and that means a whole lot of family members that want to keep up on whats going on.

Sorry if I offended.... I appreciate greatly the sacrifice you and your brethren have made. I was just poking a little fun, but would agree that out of all the public interest channels, the NASA Channel and the Pentagon Channel would be the only ones I would actually watch.......

One doesn't need a television to watch the channel:

Link

Watching, I didn't see how it was much different than standard news offerings (CSPAN, 24 News Networks) aside from some targeted programming. Just my $0.02.

Tony, I was able to get to the home page but was not able to play the video on my old laptop. With any luck it will work with my other one when I get it back from the shop. Anyway, thanks for that info, I did not know it was available online.

I guess I am just not comfortable with the government ever playing media. History shows us just how powerful and dangerous propaganda can be. I'm not saying this is a huge deal, but after we learned that the government was paying journalists and commentators to support various policies, this is just another step down that slope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts