Dish Network Spin Off Info

Assuming there is going to be a spinoff and assuming an AT&T/Echostar DISH Network deal happen, I hope the spinoff occurs before the AT&T/DN deal.

Charlie has been very very good to me on the stock side of things so I'd like to keep a piece of Charlie through stock in the Echostar hardware stock than having it all go into AT&T stock (partial AT&T stock; partial echostar spun-off stock suits me fine).

Maybe Charlie realized that IP based services is the wave of the future and Echostar could startup IPTV, VoIP and broadband services throughout the U.S. with the money he would receive for Dish Network. Maybe he should invest in stratellite technology.

By the time the deal goes thru (if there is a deal) the 622s and 722s will be obsolete. I think Charlie & Co. will take the money and he will go into broadcasting his own show with Jim--Charlie Chat 24/7 in true HD. Oh, it will be $17.99 for three hours and only on AT&T DISH Network!!! :eureka

Maybe Charlie realized that IP based services is the wave of the future and Echostar could startup IPTV, VoIP and broadband services throughout the U.S. with the money he would receive for Dish Network. Maybe he should invest in stratellite technology.

That was my first thought when I first heard the rumors.

On a sidenote, here is some thought (A brainstorm I guess)

DN is spun off, sold to ATT. How is there a monopoly now if Charlie trys to buy D*?

Sure, the hardware, but its not like other companies dont have the same monopoly over things.

Just a thought, dont go off on a tangent about it!

I'm going to switch, the customer always gets screwed when companies do things like this!

Switch to who? Direct is in the middle of selling out to Liberty. That's part of life. Sears sold to K-Mart, Nextell sells to Sprint, etc, etc. If things change, they should only get better.

Considering that AT&T is no fool - having bought and sold many businesses in its history - you have to believe that there will be a non-compete clause in that contract - which is pretty standard operating procedure.

This is the same company that bought and sold ATT wireless how many times? I keep forgetting, is it ATT or Cingular?

These huge companies make pretty boneheaded moves. Remember AOL and Time Warner?

Not only could Charlie startup another company using IP based services across the country if he sells out to AT&T but seeing how everything is going MPEG-4 they can make a bit of money with the swapouts to the MPEG-4 technology since there would be new dishes and receivers required. The swapout would also help combat piracy. AT&T could try to force Echostar to replace the satellite receivers to the new MPEG-4 technology for free due to a piracy issue.

Getting a premium out of Dish Network then getting a nice contract deal to replace all receivers and dishes seems like a sweet deal to me but then again AT&T may choose not to go that route and not go the HD route. AT&T could also try to nickel and dime us to death even worse than is being done right now. I hope they have a bundling deal with their cell phone service.

Well to early to say what will happen right now until Dish comes out and says what their plans are really no one knows for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts