Dish Network splitter

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
I am trying to cascade 2 sw 64 switches. My question is will a standard 1 port dc pass diplexer work as a direct replacement for the dish network splitter in the picture.

Attachments

• dishsplit.jpeg
    dishsplit.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 561
  • P1010060.JPG
    P1010060.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 457
You can use a standard 1 Port Power Pass satellite splitter, a diplexer will not work. When cascading SW64 switches, you must use the Dish Network load barrels.

Dish Pro Splitter

Thats the splitter the Dish Notwerk Installer dork brought out, he did not!!! Know how to cascade 2 sw 64 switches I told to to leave the Sh#t and leave he was supposed to come back with 4 more of those and the three feed thru loads, but he still never showed up again. What a bunch of moron's no wnder why so many people are ditching dish to get Directv. I dont have any poblem with E* it is great!!!

Unh. Could someone tell me why a DihPro splitter will NOT work to split a Legacy feed?

Obviously, TWO splitters will be needed per LNBF, but other than that, no problem that I can see.

SimpleSimon said:
Unh. Could someone tell me why a DihPro splitter will NOT work to split a Legacy feed?
Because, for legacy, one side of the splitter must pass the DC 13/18 switching voltage.

If you look at the picture you can see the diagram that only one side passes power. You need to pass power on both sides to cascade 64s.

One big reason a Dish Tech won't cascade 64s is because with the addition of DP34 and dishpro adapters, the sw64 is not needed and is a pain in the rear to hook up comparatively. Unless you have several x000 model receivers (3000, 4000, etc) the DP gear is simply quicker to install.

Right. So, a DishPro splitter SHOULD work just fine.

You have to remember to match the switch ports (ie. the same LNB feed to the same port on each switch).

Yes, if you don't use a power blocked splitter, you will overpower the LNBs and could cause them to burn out. You only need power from 1 SW64 to the LNBs. SS is correct in that 4 of the DP Splitters(for 2 sats) will work just fine since I have done it with just that config.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)