Dish Network sucks!

Oleg24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
As I have stated In my other post no one at Dish Network told me about hidden fees like $5 receiver charge (it's like a charge for using Dish Network service) packages and prices suck big time and you can't switch to one of Dish Network resellers :mad:

Not sure which $5 "receiver charge" you're refering to, but if it's the fee for an extra tuner in a dual-tuner unit, that one can be eliminated if you're connected to a phone line. The only other one I'm aware of is the $5 extra receiver fee for non-HD receivers beyond the first one that's included in the base programming. Did you call a rep? (I recommend talking with the Tech Support folks - they mostly speak English.) There is a chance that there's an extra charge in there that doesn't belong - as has happened before. Hint - Your attitude in how you approach the situation just might have a bearing on how it's resolved...

Well I were just billed for free Dish 500 upgrade and $32.95 for more than half of channels I don't watch and In order to get all channels I have had with cable will cost me $42.99 this price the same as I have had with cable TV I will go back to cable after 2 year contract and will never look back at Dish Network ever!
And I have none HD receiver (I am not reach)

One more thing Dish Network website Is slow and does not work well with Firefox.

Ah the whining customers. Now I remember why I am thankfully no longer a tech. Maybe you should research before just whining about how you were wronged.

And look at all of those charges:
ACCESS FEE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 -6.00
ACCESS FEE - ADJUSTMENT -6.00
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.00
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 5.00
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 29.99
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/25-07/22 -27.98
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/25-07/22 32.64
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 AND 34.99
DISH 500 UPGRADE 59.95
DISH HOME PROTECTION PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/20-07/22 6.56
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISH NETWORK RECEIVER - ADJUSTMENT -100.00
DISH500KIT - ADJUSTMENT -28.95
INTER+ 7.99
LOCAL 0.00
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00
RTVI & RTVI+PACKAGE 24.99
UPGRADE CHARGE 119.00

Account Charges $ 168.17

Total $ 168.17

Wow, looks like someone blindly committed to something that he didn't find out the details of before he committed. I would be embarrassed to inform others here of my own ignorance. :rolleyes:

Its customers like that that wonder why us as techs go out of our way to no site customers that are just like that. Trust me, you can always tell these customers a mile away, they are so damn picky about everything to a tee. Its people like this that drove me away from installing because of all the constant complaining and crying while blaming everything on the techs. Dish Network doesn't suck, its customers like you that don't read what you sign that suck. And trust me, if you reading this and thinking I never saw anything about that charge in the contract, go get it and sit down to read and you will see how wrong you truly are.

Wow, looks like someone blindly committed to something that he didn't find out the details of before he committed. I would be embarrassed to inform others here of my own ignorance. :rolleyes:
I did,but Dish Network lied and credited only $39.00 after 5 hours on the phone.

Dish Store

For the hack of it I have called Dish Store and they have clearly explained the offer and what I can do now this makes me feel better even those I can't get out of dishnetwork.com I have understood every word what Dish Store told me and even told me after my contract Is expires with dishnetwork.com all I have to do is wait 6 month and switch to Dish Store :)

Also have made a call to commercial.dishnetwork the guy say's he will mail me rebate for top 100 :)

And look at all of those charges:
ACCESS FEE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 -6.00
ACCESS FEE - ADJUSTMENT -6.00
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.00
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 5.00
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/23-07/22 29.99
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/25-07/22 -27.98
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/25-07/22 32.64
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 100 AND 34.99
DISH 500 UPGRADE 59.95
DISH HOME PROTECTION PARTIAL MONTH(S) 06/20-07/22 6.56
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISH NETWORK RECEIVER - ADJUSTMENT -100.00
DISH500KIT - ADJUSTMENT -28.95
INTER+ 7.99
LOCAL 0.00
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE 5.00
RTVI & RTVI+PACKAGE 24.99
UPGRADE CHARGE 119.00

Account Charges $ 168.17

Total $ 168.17

Am I missing something here? I came up with 180.06.

I really dont understand how it is that you say you researched dish and its fee's yet you didnt know about the fee's and also are saying that the packages suck and cost to much yet you have dish and are planning to cancel service and then go back. Why go back if the packages suck and the price sucks, that makes no sense at all and you will probably get an installer that comes out when you start the service over again with a slightly altered address and he will be able to spot you a mile away as well as the altered address. I've run the account setup several times recently and it always shows me all of the fee's that I will have to pay such as the dvr fee and additional receiver fee, the only thing it doesnt show is the phone line connection fee and if you take even five minutes on this thread and do a search for dish network fee's you will find out about the phone line connection fee within the first minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts