DISH Network sues DIRECTV Over Ads

Status
Please reply by conversation.
wonder how much $$$ direct may lose from this lawsuit....

and as the saying goes... "the stuff rolls downhill," and im sure techs are going to take another paycut...

Last edited by a moderator:
Children (meaning D* & E*). They should be sent to their rooms without supper. What a waste of company time and resources.

Thank you! why does advertising have to be bashing the competition anyways. besides I have nothing but bad things to say about directv's support.

I think most people's opinion of any customer service is based on their last contact with them.

I called Directv yesterday to confirm their apples to orangutans ad.

Directv is selling their Choice plan for 29.99 and comparing it ( $ 60 normal)
to Dish Networks Basic plan for 29.99

touting," for 29.99 you get channels like TBS and AMC, which you don't get on Dish Networks basic plan".

While this is factually correct, nowhere did they mention any introductory period. If it were in the fine print at the bottom of my screen I couldn't read it. I put my face right up to it and still couldn't see it.

I've been a Directv customer since 1996 (before they had premium channels. those came from Hubbard Broadcasting on a separate bill). This stuff really chaps my nads.

I broke out laughing when I logged in here and saw the headlines. The truth is absolutly nothing will come out of this, both DISH Network and Directv have enough crap on the other to write a book. In the end both will agree to drop the lawsuit and go on their merry ways.

Sometimes I think these people at Dish and Directv get off suing each other :)

As entertaining as it is – and speaking as a DirecTV subscriber – I'd like to see my satellite provider take some focus off the p---k-waving contest and bring in HD content that are national channels. Yes, I believe it's going to be happening – because of the competitive market demanding it – but my patience has been getting tested quite strongly lately. When I see providers – cable and satelllite – now offering HD (not available from my provider) of the likes of AMC HD, MSNBC HD, and WGN America HD (as well as numerous others!), I'm thinking: Get moving, DirecTV!

I broke out laughing when I logged in here and saw the headlines. The truth is absolutly nothing will come out of this, both DISH Network and Directv have enough crap on the other to write a book. In the end both will agree to drop the lawsuit and go on their merry ways.

I agree; but as always, the real winners are the lawyers. :)

Claude for once I agree with you. :D :)

Sometimes I think these people at Dish and Directv get off suing each other

Claude- these are ad people and lawyers. They get paid and need to do stuff to justify their pay.

DodgerKing- Good analysis. Maybe you can get a job as an independent contractor with Dish or DirecTV but Dish has a track record of doing this. :)

Typical day at Dish Marketing dept-

MarketMan to adman- Create me a slogan ad with the theme "Charlie on your side!"

Adman says- but boss we all know Charlie is only on his own side, we could get sued!

Marketman: Don't worry about it. I know it's not true but we have a new team of lawyers who need something to do so just create the ad. Besides, you need something to do too.

A month later at DirecTV war room:
Legal team at DirecTV- Did you see that POS ad from Dish? What a pack of lies... "Charlie on your side" Let's sue'em!
Ad dept at DirecTV- Yeah then we can run an ad with "DirecTV Bossman on your side"
DirecTV bossman- Hold on! Don't do that, I don't want anyone to know who is in charge here. Besides, I may not be working here next month. Just sue em but for the ad. Just make a commercial that says "Charlie is a liar"

Wonder if a Directv or Dish Network customer could jump in on these, and get some money? LOL

Kind of reminds me of AT&T and Verizon's battle going on... AT&T is misleading big time by talking about the voice coverage, while Verizon has always mentioned 3G. (I'd like to sue AT&T for false advertising, because even if they have faster 3G, if they don't cover the same area Verizon covers, they aren't the best 3G... Though have to say, I have 3G from no one, because of the cap)

Anyways, the most recent commercial I saw Dish compared the prices side by side, and Dish is cheaper. The reason I switched from Directv to Dish was because of them being cheaper seven years ago. That said, there was a lot about Directv I like better, two being hardware and software.

better technology

Dish and Directv should stop with the lawsuits and invest money into better technology in order to blow cable, AT&T Uverse and Verizion Fios out of the water. I would like to have a dvr with higher capacity, even more hd channels, vod capabilty that does not require a broadband internet connection and 3D tv. If Dish and Diectv were to stop with the back and forth lawsuits I believe this would be possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)