Dish Network Summer Extravaganza

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I caught this on Channel 102 earlier and looked at the website:

Free Satellite TV Channel Previews - DISH Network

Epix, Indieplex, Retroplex, HDNet Movies, and MGM are all going to have free previews with SD feeds added.

I love movies and all I have is a 625.

My question is for those of you guys who have these 5 movie channels. Are the movies all unedited with nothing cut out?

Commercials are okay with me. ie. Hulu.com runs commercials in their movies but the movies are all unedited with the F word and nudity in it's glory. But I won't watch anything edited for content.

I noticed that WFN SD was showing a different program than WFN HD today. However, it seems that most of the programming was the same according to the guide. Are they going to keep the SD feeds? I would not mind especially for the TV2s and the one TV that we have that is SD as TV1. Why are the SD channel numbers different than the HD channel numbers? Why not keep them the same? They could just make it the Platinum package without the HD on it. Maybe they would even get more subs that way. HDNet Movies and MGM HD actually have SD feeds? Will the SD channels be permanent, or are they only temporary? Sorry for all the questions in one post. It is just what I was thinking. LOL :D

when did wfn get a sd channel

Uplinked, but not available (at least I don't think)

Channel Additions:
387 - RETRO [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 21 ConUS beam (NA)(RetroPlex)
387 - RETRO [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)(RetroPlex)
388 - INDIE [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 06 ConUS beam (NA)(IndiePlex Movie Channel)
388 - INDIE [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)(IndiePlex Movie Channel)
390 - WFN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 08 ConUS beam (NA)(World Fishing Network)
390 - WFN [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)(World Fishing Network)

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - 6/23/2010 3:06pm - Uplink Activity Report - 123 changes

This is the way Dish should go there are alot of standard definition subscribers.Dish already has more Premium Movie Channels in standard definition than DirecTV this is why I came back to Dish.Just hope Dish makes these previews permanent in AEP.;)

P.S. And HBO Zone in MPEG2 standard definition too!.:rant:

SD during free preview only

This is the way Dish should go there are alot of standard definition subscribers.Dish already has more Premium Movie Channels in standard definition than DirecTV this is why I came back to Dish.Just hope Dish makes these previews permanent in AEP.;)

Dish's website say that the SD versions will be available only during the free preview.
Too bad:( It also says that Epix will show Star Trek, I try to look for day and time without luck, does anyone know if Star Trek will be on during the free preview?

Last edited:

HBO ZONE will more than likely never be added in SD.Dish network did this for a couple of reasons.One they are trying to get more people to migrate over to HD and that is one way of doing it.Look for the same when they start adding SHOWTIME channels and Cinemax channels.There are still alot of SHOW,Cinemax channels not yet available.I wish they would hurry up and add THRILLER MAX,OUTERMAX,W-MAX and @MAX:rolleyes:

Is this free preview for all customers? .'coz I have a 311 receiver and sub only to an international pkg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)