Dish Network Terminates More Retailers

Eventually Dish Network will wean most of the retailers out of business one way or another without making themselves look bad and do it all in-house to save money. I am very surprised that Dish and Direct has not done this already.

How would Dish be able to track down all of the subs that have "moved?" Is there an audit process they would follow? Seems like the resources that it would take to check on every sub that has a different billing and service address would be next to impossible.

Not really. Believe it or not that # is very manageable and if you bought through a local retailer you will be checked.

DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Oct. 3, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:
·Dish TV, Inc.
·Cyberworks Software, Inc.
·STVR Entertainment, Inc. (dba Dish & Direct Satellite)
·Powersat USA, Inc.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

I am familiar with Direct Sat and Dish Tv ,Inc...
Do you have any details as to what these companies did to get the boot?

I am familiar with Direct Sat and Dish Tv ,Inc...
Do you have any details as to what these companies did to get the boot?

There are many ways retailers defraud dishnetwork. The worst being IDtheft and credit card fraud. Account flipping is not as bad but is fraud as well. Last and definatly least is sales fraud.

DNS have a meeting with all the installer about Account flipping. If employees suspect an account flipping, they should call a 1-800 number to turn them in. Then Dish network probably will audit the account. When I did some fulfillment work for a retailer/Dish network sub, the owner flip account frequently. I even flip couple of account. I went to the service call and the customer receivers were old or non-working. I recommend them to create a new account, then they would get all new equipment for free. I would get $$ for the service call, $$ for the new install, and $$ for the refereral. It was a good days pay for one to two hour of work. The owner encourages these activities too. I went to another retailer, and that owner would flip his customer account every time their term is over.

yeah............umm.... that's fraud. Exactly what we're talking about here. Good ol' greed will get people in trouble all the time.

DNS have a meeting with all the installer about Account flipping. If employees suspect an account flipping, they should call a 1-800 number to turn them in. Then Dish network probably will audit the account. When I did some fulfillment work for a retailer/Dish network sub, the owner flip account frequently. I even flip couple of account. I went to the service call and the customer receivers were old or non-working. I recommend them to create a new account, then they would get all new equipment for free. I would get $$ for the service call, $$ for the new install, and $$ for the refereral. It was a good days pay for one to two hour of work. The owner encourages these activities too. I went to another retailer, and that owner would flip his customer account every time their term is over.

And that makes you a good installer? A good retailer? Personally, I think it makes you pretty pathetic....

And that makes you a good installer? A good retailer? Personally, I think it makes you pretty pathetic....
Just one more link in the bad name that graces the dbs industry and brings it down as a whole and takes money away from those who work hard to do the right thing and feed their families.

How would Dish be able to track down all of the subs that have "moved?" Is there an audit process they would follow? Seems like the resources that it would take to check on every sub that has a different billing and service address would be next to impossible.
They check every new customer's credit and in doing so, they know who you are and can compare that to their list of current or previous customers. If they don't have enough information to check the credit, they will not offer any special promotions.

No, I wasn't bragging or proud of it. This just bring up the time I was working with those retailers. It seems to be prevalent when I see this thread. I didn't think much back then, I was paying my bills and making my customers happy and the owner happy.

The DISH lease is broken on both sides, and DISH is only trying to fix the side that affects immediate profit.

A good lease has a term and a point where the asset is fully depreciated. A good example is the cell phone industry. A loyal customer is entitled to a new basic phone every two years or so. Dish doesn't have a formal policy, and thoeretically, you are on the hook for that leased receiver forever.

We know there are informal ways to get around it, but the rules are fuzzy and variable. They require a certain degree of third world Bazaar haggling as well.

if you want to upgrade your cell phone after your contract is over, they dont give you the 722 model of cell phones for free. you get more like the 311 model of a cell phone for free. and at least with sprint, if you wanted to upgrade while in contract, they only give you a 75.00 dollar discount off the retail cost of the phone once your contract is half way through. also, if your cell phone breaks, you own it, your problem. with dish, if you lease the equip, worse case is you pay shipping, or nothing with dhpp. i know cell phone companys have an insurance you can buy too, but i got suckerd by that one. they will send you a refurbished model that is similar to the one you had. in my case, i got a nice shiny bright pink phone. they model is similar, never mind that fact im a dude carrying around a pink phone.

The DISH lease is broken on both sides, and DISH is only trying to fix the side that affects immediate profit.

A good lease has a term and a point where the asset is fully depreciated. A good example is the cell phone industry. A loyal customer is entitled to a new basic phone every two years or so. Dish doesn't have a formal policy, and thoeretically, you are on the hook for that leased receiver forever.

We know there are informal ways to get around it, but the rules are fuzzy and variable. They require a certain degree of third world Bazaar haggling as well.
This is what pisses me off about Dish. And this ties into another htread regarding the new "security' rules.
Dish treats respective customers differently.
For example. I go to a new connect. Retailer referal. W/O says 722/222.. Customer has but one hdtv and just two in the house. They only wanted a two tv hookup...SO i call dish to activate and want to inform the CSR that it's one receiver ,not two.. She starts giving me static about "disclosures"..I said "what disclosures?" She says about any future upgrades..She asks to speak to the cust.. I was like here we go..she's gonna piss off an already pissed off customer(due to Dish f**k up's already)..So I put the cust on the phone and my cust tells this dopey CSR that she wants just one receiver for now.. The CSR tels her " if you want to upgrade it could cost up to $200"...Cust says, that's fine I don't need another receiver right now. The CSR pressures further and says the minimum upgrade is $149...Bullsh!t!!!! That was a lie...i know for a fact that in some cases a DIU may be free or at the most $50....WTF!!
That brings me to this point. That there is nothing consistent about Dish and what some CSR's say to the customers..No offense to veteran CSR's who do a great job and let me say this, I give them compliments and joke arpound with them all the time. The majority of the CSR's I deal with are pros. They do yeoman's work for lower wages than their hard work indicates. Anyway, it seems at times that one can speak to 5 different CSR's and get 5 different answers....This is inexcusable. These inconsistencies are just another buffalo chip on that pile fo sh*t Dish has built for us in the field..

I do throw some guilt on DISH for not taking care of their existing customer base. Customers often flip because they can't get a decent deal on an upgrade. New customers are simply treated better than 5 year old subs.

Around here, a cable customer can walk right in, bring in their cable box and swap it for a DVR or an HD-DVR, etc. DISH doesn't have a means of doing that. They ought to make a program for retailers to do this sort of thing. If it don't work when you get home, you can pay for a pro install or hire the retailer to put it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts