Dish Network Terminates More Retailers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Oct. 3, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:
·Dish TV, Inc.
·Cyberworks Software, Inc.
·STVR Entertainment, Inc. (dba Dish & Direct Satellite)
·Powersat USA, Inc.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

It sure took them an awful long time to get rid of Dish TV Inc, they were right up there with VMC satellite with pulling the address change scam when I was working for Dish.

This is just the tip of the iceberg !!! Watch what happens over the next 4 months.

Just a heads up to all you end users out there. If you're thinking about "moving", or you're an existing customer thinking of becoming a "new" customer just to get new hardware or the new promotion, you better think again.

THIS IS ALL COMING TO AN END !!

Yes it is, there will be alot more dealers named over the next few months. Its been a long time coming for a lot of these dealers.

Yes it is, there will be alot more dealers named over the next few months. Its been a long time coming for a lot of these dealers.

After it's all said and done this could effect about half the dealer base. Looks like unemployment is going to go up some more in Q4.

This is just the tip of the iceberg !!! Watch what happens over the next 4 months.

Just a heads up to all you end users out there. If you're thinking about "moving", or you're an existing customer thinking of becoming a "new" customer just to get new hardware or the new promotion, you better think again.

And you feel compelled to defend Dish treating its existing customers like garbage why exactly?

And you feel compelled to defend Dish treating its existing customers like garbage why exactly?

That is a seperate issue. The issue being dealt with is fraud. Fraud is not the way to fix the problem you mention. Fraud costs the company a LOT of money, and results in less funds for Dish to allocate to existing customer promotion programs.

The only way to fix the attitude Dish has towards existing customers is to cancel, and make it very clear why you are cancelling. Going around the system actually hurts your message because it makes corporate think they are actually gaining more subscribers than they are so they think the problem isn't really THAT bad.

That is a seperate issue. The issue being dealt with is fraud. Fraud is not the way to fix the problem you mention. Fraud costs the company a LOT of money, and results in less funds for Dish to allocate to existing customer promotion programs.

The only way to fix the attitude Dish has towards existing customers is to cancel, and make it very clear why you are cancelling. Going around the system actually hurts your message because it makes corporate think they are actually gaining more subscribers than they are so they think the problem isn't really THAT bad.

Bingo !!! You hit the nail right on the head !!

OK, so if I'm actually, physically, honestly moving to a new house, does that qualify as a new customer install? :)

How would Dish be able to track down all of the subs that have "moved?" Is there an audit process they would follow? Seems like the resources that it would take to check on every sub that has a different billing and service address would be next to impossible.

I wonder how this will affect the "moving" of the sort that doesn't affect DISH's bottom line. My feeling is that "moving" is fraud, but not against dish, and I have argued this in the past. However, DISH has turned a blind eye (and even a wink and a nudge) to the type of "moving" where the user just gets a different set of locals. I don't see that changing. The "moving" I think we are alking about is where Joe Blow "moves" to a new address in order to qualify for free equipment.

The mexico accounts will agree.

OK, care to explain what exactly you have against Dishstore? They have always been first rate and totally above board in all of my interactions with them. This is your second vague slam at Claude. If you have a beef, step forward.

OTOH, I took a look at your posting content. With 20 posts, it isn't hard. Not one of those 20 posts had any real content to them, so I guess i don't really expect much substance in any future repy.

He is a great American, and would make an excellent President. We are losing many of our overseas customers to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts