dish network would like ideas on how to improve their product through the internet.

The greatest thing ever would be a Windows Mediacenter add-in, that would allow one to use the Dish site within Mediacenter and a MCE remote.

I just got back from a d* convention in New Orleans and they showed us their new hr34 but there's one problem my vip922 already does everything that the new hr34 has to offer except havin 5 tuners which is over kill for me but I'm sure that some customers will enjoy it but there also include facebook, twitter, and YouTube into the hr34. There also changing there ui but my 922 is already there except 5 tuners!! Can u please drop the EXRTA FEES that come with it that's the only thing I can think of.

There are currently two ways to remotely control your DVR. The one that works the best is the interface on dish.sling.com. I am not sure what they are trying to do with the one at beta.dishonline.com, but it does very little for me. If somehow they could incorporate the best features of both in to one website AND do live streaming for channels that are in your subscribed package without a Slingbox, THAT would be a worthwhile improvement in my opinion.

With my 722k when it is connected with the ethernet connection and I select Dish Cinema or TV Shows or Networks I have to wait until the pictures and program information appear.I have AT&T DSL 6MB down 768k up can't get any plan faster.So I just disconnected my 722k from the internet.:mad:

Not sure what most of these suggestions (all good by the way) has to do with the internet, other than they can be read here on the internet. FWIW here is an easy but somewhat costly suggestion. Offer a lighted remote. Not for free but I think many would pay a reasonable premium for a nice lighted remote. By the way, "D" offers one but most people don't know it.

Not sure what most of these suggestions (all good by the way) has to do with the internet, other than they can be read here on the internet. FWIW here is an easy but somewhat costly suggestion. Offer a lighted remote. Not for free but I think many would pay a reasonable premium for a nice lighted remote. By the way, "D" offers one but most people don't know it.

Actually D* offers 2 back lighted remotes their Big Button Remote plus their RC64RB I had both when I was with D*.;)

I gave them to my daughter that has D*,this VIP722k/wMT2 and the cheaper programming costs has spoiled me so I keep the lights on.:D

Great ideas and all but none of them apply to the internet. Dish already has dish.com, dishonline.com, facebook and twitter accounts. They also have "dirt". These are all examples of what im looking for.

For Dish prepaid FlexTV customers, after our period is up, our online accounts should revert back to $0, which is does not. I prepay for everything I want, and the amount of time I want it. When that period is up, my account should go back to $0, which it does not. And our ONLINE ACCOUNT should reflect that, and STATE THAT SOMEWHERE ONLINE in the account information that this is a prepaid account.

It leaves the balance for the upcoming month I don't wish to use it. This is very annoying, and trying to explain this to a CSR is darn near impossible, and very aggravating. Hence the reason why I will probably never use it again, although I have been a Dish customer with DishNOW!, and now FlexTV since 2008.

But it is now too much of a headache to even bother.

Also, if that would get resolved, bring back making payments using GreenDotMoneypak. I will NEVER give Dish my credit card, or bank account info, mainly for the reasons listed above. They would just reup the account at will, and that is not what prepaid is. I start it and stop it on my terms, at my will. Not theirs. Even if that involves a restart fee, which currently does not exist for prepaid FlexTV customers. But I would pay it($5 MAX), if it were there.

And all this should be allowed to do online by me. It seems pretty simple too me.

I select the programming(Packs, locals, distants, Superstaions, etc...) I want, and for how long(1 month at a time intervals are only allowed as of this time). So if I want 2 months prepaid, I should be allowed to do this, maybe up to 6 months ma:mad:just a suggestion)

Then I should be allowed to add funds via a Green Dot MoneyPak and WALA!, that's it. And then when the term is over, my account should read $0, untill I do it again.

You wanted a suggestion, there is one from a FlexTV customer, and sure most who have this setup would agree with me. Except maybe on the CC and Bank info, but that is their perrogitive.

Add the blockbuster online to dish.

Upgrade the server to get true on demand shows so highspeed users with 2-6mbs can start watching instantly with lower quality video like netflix.

Fix the server so users with 60mbs + hsi can watch HD dl movies instant vs the 20-45min untill the buffer will alow.

CHANGE BACK THE COST FOR 722/622/612/222/322/301/Ect... BACK TO THE PRE 110% INCREASE SO CUSTOMERS CAN SAVE $$ VS ALL THE OTHER PROVIDERS!!

How about a Audio Level Control that WORKS??

This pont is mute as dish was on the ball to get this done on each box to get around the laws but the FCC changed it one month after we got it on our boxes and now any provider can do it on the head end. Cash in the trash as this is the same time the 100% + Fees came into play.

Personally I was there was a way to access Dish through the internet. Let me explain. I am watching a sports event or 1 time event of any type, and a rainstorm wipes my signal. Or a snowstorm drops a ton and I now have 6 inches of snow in my new 1000.4 snowbowl which processes no signal and is on the roof. Power goes out(common here), etc. It would be nice to go into Dish and get a rebroadcast of that event.

Happens too many times and I know Dish isn't responsible for the weather. Just a wish I guess.

@jbrelish that would be nice dish could do that but think it might be a problem with content providers on how dish is to send out channels. DishIPTV through newlion is nice for international customers that cant have a dish to watch dish channels.

Great ideas and all but none of them apply to the internet. Dish already has dish.com, dishonline.com, facebook and twitter accounts. They also have "dirt". These are all examples of what im looking for.
And your original post was so eloquently clear in explaining that !

to add as a preceed to my tirade elsewhere in this open thread.. let me just say ...

how about making those efforts work? 100%. And when they don't, that users have the ability to get REAL resolutions through a process that is documented and has proper escalations, even if it involves keeping a single contact path (ie Dish Rep + Dish Rep Supervisor + Engineering ... all in CC'd fashion)

I've twitted, and gotten the attention span of the nat from the Dish Twitter team ... but there's been no resolution
I've provided feedback after feedback for Dish Remote Access and DishOnline, but again, there's been no resolution

So instead of coming here looking for the "next best thing" that Dish *could* do ... as if the technological advance would make up for all that dish has failed in ... the thing Dish could most do, is be responsive, sincere, and open, with communications, failures, fixes, update processes, plans, etc... so that everyone can see and remark for themselves dish's successes and failures, so that people can have some idea of when *not if* the problems happen to them, what course the fix will take, and how long it might take.

This you take with you on your quest dear Adidas ... that dish's internet efforts have been just that "efforts" and not completed accomplishments.

EDIT: and let me post for the record before any of you feel this is a slight against Dish IRT (DIRT) ... I see DIRT as yet another of dish's attempts, and the techs here have been exemplery in their works, their appearance to truly want to help "us" the user, and their having resolved a great many of the standard troubles ... but again this is the technical equivelence of sucking on a cow's teet... the staples of life come out of the teet, but without maintenance (water & hay) the milk supply dies up, the teets go empty, and the mouths go back to being hungry.

We're getting something out of it, fixes for ourselves, but Dish (proper) doesn't seem to be learning from DIRT what *it* needs to learn.. It shouldn't take 4 months for Dish to realize there are complaints about DishNetwork.com tech chats, or that sling technology is hurting enough customers to warrant serious attention .. etc.. and again, for all the feedback Dish should be learning from, they show no outward signs of it.

Last edited:
to add as a preceed to my tirade elsewhere in this open thread.. let me just say ...

how about making those efforts work? 100%. And when they don't, that users have the ability to get REAL resolutions through a process that is documented and has proper escalations, even if it involves keeping a single contact path (ie Dish Rep + Dish Rep Supervisor + Engineering ... all in CC'd fashion)

I've twitted, and gotten the attention span of the nat from the Dish Twitter team ... but there's been no resolution
I've provided feedback after feedback for Dish Remote Access and DishOnline, but again, there's been no resolution

So instead of coming here looking for the "next best thing" that Dish *could* do ... as if the technological advance would make up for all that dish has failed in ... the thing Dish could most do, is be responsive, sincere, and open, with communications, failures, fixes, update processes, plans, etc... so that everyone can see and remark for themselves dish's successes and failures, so that people can have some idea of when *not if* the problems happen to them, what course the fix will take, and how long it might take.

This you take with you on your quest dear Adidas ... that dish's internet efforts have been just that "efforts" and not completed accomplishments.

I agree. It would be nice to see if these posts would actually bear fruit. And for what is being asked about the online internet aspect of it, there is not much being asked for which could be changes either instantly, or could come about very quickly.

But I like too see some results before spewing/writing anything about this subject again. It become tiresome and pointless.

I would like to recommend that they make there website more informative about the Arc's and that all the receivers they advertise on the website is not supported on all systems and locations. If you read my other post you will see why I recommend this. =')

@jbrelish that would be nice dish could do that but think it might be a problem with content providers on how dish is to send out channels. DishIPTV through newlion is nice for international customers that cant have a dish to watch dish channels.
Your probably right, like I said, just a wish.

Allow viewing of DVR content on remote devices like PCs and smartphones.

Including streaming content from Hulu, Netflix, etc. on DVRs (instead of Google TV). I know they are your competitors, but if I have to buy an extra box to get them, it is one less reason to keep Dish. Having everything integrated on one device makes it a better product.

Create an app for mobile devices, Xbox 360, and PS3 that allows us to stream dishonline content and/or partner with Hulu so that we can use the Hulu apps (with our dishonline login) to stream the content from them. Just like HBO Go, these services should be free to paid subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts