Dish Network's Charlie Ergen 2017 Pay Rises to $2.4 Million

From the linked article: "Ergen’s compensation is typically much lower than that of his counterparts in the entertainment industry."

To put his $2.4 million pay check in perspective, if that money was used to lower each subscribers bill instead, we would all save a whopping $5 per year...

Reactions: Tampa8
He probably needs a raise. Not sure all the subs could afford it though.
Discovery CEO David Zaslav only made $42 million for 2017 down from the $150 million he got in 2014.

His actual salary is $1 million, with the rest in stock options and other compensation. Stock options of course, don't cost the company anything at the time, since all they do is give him the right to buy company stock at a discounted or fixed price at a later time.

His actual salary is $1 million, with the rest in stock options and other compensation. Stock options of course, don't cost the company anything at the time, since all they do is give him the right to buy company stock at a discounted or fixed price at a later time.

Do we know they are stock options? Most companies have done away with those for executives in favor of restricted stock units or stock grants which have other tax and expense implications.

From the linked article: "Ergen’s compensation is typically much lower than that of his counterparts in the entertainment industry."

To put his $2.4 million pay check in perspective, if that money was used to lower each subscribers bill instead, we would all save a whopping $5 per year...

Much smaller savings - 21 cents. And that's annually - monthly, less than 2 cents.

2.4 mil / 11 mil subs (mentioned in article).

Reactions: Foxbat
Drew Brees, the New Orleans Saints quarterback just signed a 50 million dollar contract for two years that guarntees him 27 million $. He only works 5-6 months each year. And the stadiums where they play are built with taxpayers dollars.

Drew Brees, the New Orleans Saints quarterback just signed a 50 million dollar contract for two years that guarntees him 27 million $. He only works 5-6 months each year. And the stadiums where they play are built with taxpayers dollars.

Just because the season in 5 to 6 months long doesn't mean that he isn't working the rest of the year. These guys need to stay in shape year round. That said, those kinds of salaries are obnoxious...

I think Charlie has decided to take a bigger salary while he still has satellite subs to charge. At the rate DISH is going there won't be many left in 5 years ,except the rural subs and the stubborn who don't like change .

Reactions: dishdude
I think Charlie has decided to take a bigger salary while he still has satellite subs to charge. At the rate DISH is going there won't be many left in 5 years ,except the rural subs and the stubborn who don't like change .

You mean like yourself, he who has three accounts, has been a sub for 21 years, and moaning about it for all that time! :) ;)

Dish stock has gone from a high of $80 in 2015 to less than $38 today. So he has taken a huge loss. He needs to do something with his wireless spectrum and soon. So far, no buyers.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You mean like yourself, he who has three accounts, has been a sub for 21 years, and moaning about it for all that time! :) ;)
I have three accounts for my family and extended family. I do like my DISH service , just not the FEES. I also had DIRECTV twice before in the past. Yes , I think I’ve earned the right to moan about it since I have paid in to old Charlie for over 21 years. You don’t always agree 100% with everyone , especially those who you do business and those in your own family. The kicker is when you have the family over for Holiday dinners and you disagree on what Charlie has been doing with his business. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)