Dish Network’s Charlie Ergen: HBO Blackout Will Prompt ‘Game Of Thrones’ Piracy

Now if I could figure out how to only pay for sports and get rid of everything else. Give me ESPN, NBCSN, MLB, NHL, NBA an NFL along with locals and keep the rest. But I have to subscribe to AT200 at a minimum to get them.
Once amazon buys the fox regional sports (from disney) networks it will get much easiet

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Now if I could figure out how to only pay for sports and get rid of everything else. Give me ESPN, NBCSN, MLB, NHL, NBA an NFL along with locals and keep the rest. But I have to subscribe to AT200 at a minimum to get them.
That would be nice, then the sports channel prices wouldn't be subsidized anymore and the real costs would be paid by the people who want them.

ESPN suite alone would go up from $7 per subscriber to about $20 per subscriber.

Once amazon buys the fox regional sports (from disney) networks it will get much easiet

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
How does Amazon buying the Fox RSNs affect my ability to get ESPN etc in a non-bundled way?

I am content to lose Dish (though losing the Hopper DVR sucks) and buy the NHL/MLB/NBA season passes but the national blackouts kill me and college football doesn't have a similar package.

How does Amazon buying the Fox RSNs affect my ability to get ESPN etc in a non-bundled way?

I am content to lose Dish (though losing the Hopper DVR sucks) and buy the NHL/MLB/NBA season passes but the national blackouts kill me and college football doesn't have a similar package.
ESPN has been available standalone for awhile (roku)(ESPN's standalone sports streaming service launches April 12th)
MLB,NHL NBA, have stand alone packages for awhile and depending where you live NFL
Locals are on locast (coming soon)
so all you really need is your RSN

Well since HBO has been gone from Dish, I haven't missed it much, As I never sub'd to Netflix, I was a steadfast hold out with them as I was already paying too much for Dish, and already have AZ Prime, So basically I made a choice of what to do with that extra money, that i'm no longer paying Dish for HBO/CMax , should I continue with HBO online or go to Netflix? Well Netflix has won for now, but I've binged watched so much TV lately, I can't wait for spring to come and stop watching TV.
And I don't think Charlie's intention is to promote Piracy of HBO shows, It doesn't take much these days for people to know that there are alternatives to getting TV content from the internet.
And yes I think it would be a damn fine day that all the TV providers and take a stand to ABC/ESPN and say ESPN channels must be in a separate package.

ESPN has been available standalone for awhile (roku)(ESPN's standalone sports streaming service launches April 12th)
MLB,NHL NBA, have stand alone packages for awhile and depending where you live NFL
Locals are on locast (coming soon)
so all you really need is your RSN
Yeah, that ain't ESPN it is ESPN+ which is really ESPN-, what I want is a Dish package geared to sports geeks with out those annoying channels like USA or TNT or House and Garden. Why Dish? Because the Hopper3 is an awesome DVR plus a single monthly bill instead of separate bills for each service would be really nice.

Really doubt that Locast (if it lasts) will expand to the smaller market DMAs.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)