Dish Network's Point Dish signal strength meter.

Why not just make the meter stop at 100 and not 125...... Yes Dish.. I am talking to you... Why do I have to explain to every customer I install for that 70's and 80's are good levels.. Especially when I am doing a DirecTV conversion where the customer was getting 99%.. I know the signal is fine.. But the customer doesn't.....

I agree 100%, it makes too much sense for the graph to correspond with the actual signal readings.
I sense many of my customers still think I'm full of it even after a full explanation of why this reads the way it does & then 2nd guessing their own decision on whether or not they made the right choice.

Well, the signal strength meters on the receivers originally did show higher readings, which is why the bar goes to 125, but they adjusted the meters to be closer to what they see on the handhelds.

The signal strength might be a little higher on the handheld due to the fact that the cable runs to the receivers I'm sure are longer and there's diplexers, separators, etc. involved which may cause the receivers to show a slightly lower reading. Overall I think you have good readings from your receiver :) .

Yea I remember that on my old DP301.;)

Someone at Dish Network is running behind heck you can't even select the correct dish now in the signal meter area.Wonder if it's the same on the 922 like it is on my 722k?.It was setup with a triplexer,I unplugged it and put in a separator will check my signal levels later tonight(like I did before see if there is any improvement?).Thanks again for your replies.:)

Yea I remember that on my old DP301.;)

Someone at Dish Network is running behind heck you can't even select the correct dish now in the signal meter area.Wonder if it's the same on the 922 like it is on my 722k?.It was setup with a triplexer,I unplugged it and put in a separator will check my signal levels later tonight(like I did before see if there is any improvement?).Thanks again for your replies.:)

Well the signals are the same so I took out the separator and put back in the triplexer.;)

On my sister-in-law's upgrade her dish looks like the 1K.4,but when you check the information on it it says 1K.2 LNBs and the dish mount looks different than mine so it must be the 1K.2 mount plus her signal levels are higher than mine.So when I get a chance I may get the tech's phone number from her and give him a call because he must know a "tweaking" secret the other's don't?,or the older mount may be able to get a higher signal readings with less adjustments than the newer mount?.This is becoming an interesting issue.:confused:

Yesterday I was having a better day than I normally do so I climbed up a ladder to adjust my OTA antenna.Since I downloaded the install manual for the Dish Network 1000.4 Eastern Arc and Western Arc Dish the other day I thought why don't I check the settings on the dish.Well the Skew was correct and the Elevation is 10 degrees different than what is specified in the manual for my area???.

So what do you think resident Pros?.I figured that if the elevation is off,the azimuth would be off also( I didn't check that),or when installed the mount was not plumb,or the dish is warped,or the focal length is wrong.I already called for a tech visit and this will be visit number 3.Maybe the third time will be the fix?.:confused:

Yesterday I was having a better day than I normally do so I climbed up a ladder to adjust my OTA antenna.Since I downloaded the install manual for the Dish Network 1000.4 Eastern Arc and Western Arc Dish the other day I thought why don't I check the settings on the dish.Well the Skew was correct and the Elevation is 10 degrees different than what is specified in the manual for my area???.

So what do you think resident Pros?.I figured that if the elevation is off,the azimuth would be off also( I didn't check that),or when installed the mount was not plumb,or the dish is warped,or the focal length is wrong.I already called for a tech visit and this will be visit number 3.Maybe the third time will be the fix?.:confused:

Never let it be said when I was wrong,I didn't admit I was wrong. I double checked the settings today and they are correct.So I called up the installer and profusely apologized,then canceled my appointment for tomorrow.I think all this fog is starting to get to me.:eek::facepalm

So now you raised a installers trouble call rate just because you think you can get a better signal.

It's customers like you that call in trouble calls for no reason that really make me angry.

I wish customers would stop messing with their system and let us do our job.

So now you raised a installers trouble call rate just because you think you can get a better signal.

It's customers like you that call in trouble calls for no reason that really make me angry.

I wish customers would stop messing with their system and let us do our job.

Get over it the guy called thinking he had a problem. He then looked again and figured out he was incorrect and called back. So what is wrong with that he called before the tech showed up to find out nothing was wrong. Someone's a little bit too touchy. You never made a mistake?

Get over it the guy called thinking he had a problem. He then looked again and figured out he was incorrect and called back. So what is wrong with that he called before the tech showed up to find out nothing was wrong. Someone's a little bit too touchy. You never made a mistake?

He didn't have a problem with the guy making a mistake. His issue is that instead of calling him, or leaving well enough alone, since his service had not gone out, he called Dish asking questions. Whether the guy called before the tech went out, as soon as that Dish rep pushes the button, we get dinged for a trouble call. Even if he calls right back in a minute later to cancel the call. Our guys get so many crap trouble calls from people calling in about why they don't have "two DVR's boxes" for a two-room set-up, why are the people "fat" on the screen, or the letter box on the screen, "Unusable signal" floating on the screen after playing the Playstation, moving a receiver to another room. Installers are getting dinged, penalized, or even fired for things customers are doing that are beyond our control. Some poorly trained Dish reps only exacerbate the problem by being too quick to press that button. Many thanks out to the Dish reps that do take a minute to explain issues with customers.

Thanks some people out there can comprehend the problem.I'm sure this guy was over the installers shoulder the whole time.Then at checkswitch time asking why the signals are low.

After bieng told they were in the normal range.Went out after the installer left and fed around with the dish.Then called dish to generate a service call.

Just let it be known that you my friend just took food of his table.

Thanks some people out there can comprehend the problem.I'm sure this guy was over the installers shoulder the whole time.Then at checkswitch time asking why the signals are low.

After bieng told they were in the normal range.Went out after the installer left and fed around with the dish.Then called dish to generate a service call.

Just let it be known that you my friend just took food of his table.

If you truly believe this then you may have lost your ability to serve those who help feed you,the customer.This will end all I have to say on this subject....my friend.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts