Dish Networks sales and marketing called me for focus group

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
dish networks sales and marketing called me for focus group tomorrow night(thursday) at 5:30 -6:30pm ct and im going and there giving me a $75 american express card to spend anywhere.what i want to know has anyone ever been there?what was it like and what did they do there?please tell me anything you can if you have been there and what can i expect and what i was told it was on there products out now and any future things coming out and what i think of it.please if any help on there forums and if you have any suggestions i can make to them on what they have now please suggest:)

Last edited:
Tell 'em I've been with them since '98 but may be leaving soon if they don't offer 3D on my 722. I'm sure that'll get them all shook up.:rolleyes:;):) Looking forward to whatever news you learn!

Ed

Tell them that when I call in to advanced tech support to make sure the person I talk to has actually seen and used one of their products and is not reading from a script.

Mention the ridiculous fee structure for sure.

OH GOD YES! Please tell them that this high additional receiver fee structure is killing them in comparison to the competition. Wouldn't mind if you would ask them about Multi-room viewing and networking your receivers together so you can share any show on any receiver like DIRECTV is doing .

I can't take credit for this idea but in the 3d thread someone mentioned having dish start a ppv pass. They said like 35, but I would think 15-20 would be an ideal range. This would give you unlimited ppv movies per month, maybe have an upper tier for 1080p movies for 5bucks more a month. I would cancel my Netflix acct if they had that.

I took an online poll for the Revue which was notable for what was not asked. They repeatedly asked whether I would rather pay $300 with no fee, or $250 with a $2/mo fee, or $200 with a $3/mo fee, or $150 with a $4 fee. There was no checkbox for "None of the above." I wrote in "Hell no!" so the rest is history. $180 w/$4/mo fee.

I took the same poll from DISH about the revue and I posted in the comments that I would not pay anything monthly for the google revue. I said that DISH was already the KING of Cable fees and I was sick of extra cost of all their FEES.

I went to one of these a couple of years ago, there should be about 12 of you. Just tell them what you like and what you don't. I was the only one of the 12 who knew about sites like this and advance info.

They paid $100 cash at that time :D

Tell them to work harder at keeping channels, especially those regional sports networks where people want to see their local team playing. By the number of posts here, Dish needs to be told that many are leaving because of their fighting over a $1 or $2 per customer.

I've been to a few market research focus groups, and I think they are fun! As stated, just tell them what you really think and be honest. Believe me, they do LOVE to hear negative things and what YOU think they are doing wrong (often company reps are behind a two-way mirror watching and hearing the whole thing).

However, focus groups usually FOCUS on a specific product or service and they often want to know how eager you are about the new "proposed or experimental" product or service and how much you are willing to spend. Expect a lot of, "if HD Platinum were $20 a month, would you be willing to pay? How about if we added 4 more channels? How much extra a month would you be willing to pay for a box that does everything the 922 was supposed to do? How about $30 extra per month? No? Why?" :). I wouldn't be surprised if Google TV (would you miss our OVER priced PPV's and On Demand movies in exchange for built-in Google TV and access to Netflix and other such sites, and how much more per month would you be willing to pay for it?") is the point of the focus group or some other service or product not known to the public. But, we can hope that the purpose of your focus group is to find out what Dish thinks they are doing wrong and what it would you are looking for Dish to provide now and in the future to keep you as a customer, but I doubt it.

And, yeah, years ago when I went to a number of them, it was always CASH. Whoo-hoo! Have fun.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)