Dish new HD Pack for Puerto Rico

well it is wednesday, anything new pop up?

As Scott mentioned....generally the uplink happens around midday...so the channels provided Dish make them available...should start appearing in ur HD box magically. The HD pack is now called AK/HI/PR/VI HD pak.

As Tom mentioned...if u also have a 6ft pointed at 61.5....& u sub to Dish premium packs (HBO/Stars etc) then u can get those in HD also from 61.5

Have a good time all in finally getting the best picture out of the expensive HD sets

well I just activated my 222k and the supervisor said the channels come in on august 1 and I'm gettting the current HD package on 110w
So if its not today like alot said, it will be on saturday and I can confirm this since the supervisor carefully explained it all to me and current subs to the HD package for PR
(AK/HI/PR/VI HD pak) will be automaticly upgraded on august 1 and if there is an HD channel that you do not receive on your SD package it will NOT be available unless you upgrade your SD package to one that includes the channel in SD

this information is from the head of the programing dept if you wish to find out yourself call in english and ask to speak with the supervisor as none of the agents know anything about this since the offer is not officially launched
if its not today be patient and wait until saturday =P

well I just activated my 222k and the supervisor said the channels come in on august 1 and I'm gettting the current HD package on 110w
So if its not today like alot said, it will be on saturday and I can confirm this since the supervisor carefully explained it all to me and current subs to the HD package for PR
(AK/HI/PR/VI HD pak) will be automaticly upgraded on august 1 and if there is an HD channel that you do not receive on your SD package it will NOT be available unless you upgrade your SD package to one that includes the channel in SD

this information is from the head of the programing dept if you wish to find out yourself call in english and ask to speak with the supervisor as none of the agents know anything about this since the offer is not officially launched

Well there u go. And it was expected abt the HD pack where u get only those channels which u get in ur SD pack. The same logic have worked in USA for long time....& will work here.

For the moment looking at the HD channels lineup for PR...if u sub to Classic 200....u will get all the HD channels (except the premium ones)...& will include the HDNEt channels also.

yeah but I asked since I needed to call to activate my HD receiver, anyways theres the info for those who are not aware of what is going to happen :)

Symbol, did he tell you anything about the free credit till 2010? Did he charged you 9.99?

Symbol, did he tell you anything about the free credit till 2010? Did he charged you 9.99?
She did not say anything about free credit, she signed me up for the package that would be upgraded with the new channels when they are available,yes she charged me $9.99 on my monthly bill.

I am not sure about the credit, I beleive it is for the turbo HD subs using sat 61.5w I am not sure if anyone can correct me on this please do.
(I never used 61.5w so that must be a possible reason why they did not say anything about the credit)

:angel: Thank You .AC Unit Working overtime
as the Hottest July on record comes to an end with near record heat. :eek:k::smug

That damn fog(bruma o plovo de sahara/ceniza volcanica) or whatever that freakin' thing is, is actually killing my sinuses. And the green house effect is at full blast right now. I work at Ponce and I'm not even going out for lunch, I'm bringing my own food.

I live in Cabo Rojo, and every night when I get home I suffer after spending all day working on A/C. Te damn electricity bill is not helping, I already change my Master Bedroom AC for a High Efficiency Inverter Unit. My kids room are next, and my new family(being constructed right now) right after.

Guys I'm changing all my appliances, Dryer/Stove already for Propane Gas. Refrigerator and Micro. Oven left. Got rid of all my Culonvision tvs, and all of them are set to energy saving functionality.

Post highjack sorry!!!!! jajajaja

Regarding the HD Channels only available if you have the AT package that match it, it is the same thing for everyone on the US. For example Green on HD(USA HDPAckage) I didn't got until I update to the AT250 in order to get VS.-HD for the which is another example.

And an advice for the lucky few that have the US HD Package, DON'T change anything but premiums on your account, if you do you will lose the US-HD Package if you have a PR address.... It just happened to a friend and he's been fighting for the last month to get them back....no luck so far....:(

also to those calling in to add the PR HD package, you must specify that you can only receive 110w,(this is due to the other package with around 7 HD channels for PR not appearing on their system) if not they will add you the 61.5(bronze turbo) pack which is useless, to be on the safe side ask to speak with the supervisor as 99.99% the agents DO NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION about the upcoming changes plus if they add the wrong package, they will charge you $5.00 to remove it and add the new one BEWARE

So if that is correct i get 200 so I can get WGN in HD:)

She did not say anything about free credit, she signed me up for the package that would be upgraded with the new channels when they are available,yes she charged me $9.99 on my monthly bill.

I am not sure about the credit, I beleive it is for the turbo HD subs using sat 61.5w I am not sure if anyone can correct me on this please do.
(I never used 61.5w so that must be a possible reason why they did not say anything about the credit)

That it what i saw on the ret. chat abouth that credit let see and wait.:cool:

Nel it also depends if the channel is in the HD package, aslong as its in the HD pack and your 200 pack you should not worry

the 222k remotes look amazing other than the ones DN uses that looks like other receiver remotes(so far not a problem with the receiver)working 100% and tested and it appears HD is downconverted to SDTVs which is good for when I'm using TV2 :cool:, nel what receiver do you have and did you buy it or did it come with your contract?
from what I have read I'm trying to stay away from the 722k(bugs and problems)
I'll wait for the 922 whenever it is available
and I had a 625 DVR leased from DN and when I swapped it today with my new 222k they said it appeared as if I purchased the receiver so I dont have to ship it back to them! Hooray for DNs crappy account system!

Good morning to you all. Boy Symbol, if they had ofer me to add the silver or gold pkg I would have jumped to get that option. But yes your right if you don't have a dish pointed at 61.5 it would be useless, since they are moving alot of HD's to 110 for PR. I am here at work waiting for the change today. Let's see what happens with the uplink report. Hope that what the guys at the advance engeniring department told me comes true today.

Good morning to you all. Boy Symbol, if they had ofer me to add the silver or gold pkg I would have jumped to get that option. But yes your right if you don't have a dish pointed at 61.5 it would be useless, since they are moving alot of HD's to 110 for PR. I am here at work waiting for the change today. Let's see what happens with the uplink report. Hope that what the guys at the advance engeniring department told me comes true today.

Yes...Dish will give us quite a lot of HD channels from 110......but as Tom has mentioned before...IF...u have a dish pointed at 61.5 & also sub to Dish Premium movie packs....then those HD channels can be pulled in from 61.5 under the new HD pack that will be offered to us. This was not like this before this new pack. So technically if u or anybody else have the Dish pointed to the right birds...& also subs to the movie packs....u r in for some more HD goodies.

IMO...its a good move by Dish in PR. It will estabish them as teh HD leader in PR market for the time being & will force other operators in our market to stop scratching their arse & do something abt it. Now the question is how many PR subs will get HD. I know I will eventually

Nel it also depends if the channel is in the HD package, aslong as its in the HD pack and your 200 pack you should not worry

the 222k remotes look amazing other than the ones DN uses that looks like other receiver remotes(so far not a problem with the receiver)working 100% and tested and it appears HD is downconverted to SDTVs which is good for when I'm using TV2 :cool:, nel what receiver do you have and did you buy it or did it come with your contract?
from what I have read I'm trying to stay away from the 722k(bugs and problems)
I'll wait for the 922 whenever it is available
and I had a 625 DVR leased from DN and when I swapped it today with my new 222k they said it appeared as if I purchased the receiver so I dont have to ship it back to them! Hooray for DNs crappy account system!

I did a trick! I cancel my account with my name and came back again with my wife's name and got a free 211 vip a nd convert it to a dvr with a external hard drive records 200 sd hr and 50 hd hr pay only one time 39.99 for that fee and thats all! 1 year contract!

hehe, if they do they will have you confirm that you are actually receiving those channels on 61.5w but 110w is even better for us
smaller dish
better signal
Spotbeam TP's
for other channels not included on 110w thats where 61.5 comes in handy

personally I have 2 homes, 2 4.5 dishes at home 110w and 119w
and a 5.5 in Fajardo apartment getting 119 and 110w in 1 sat(the problem with fajardo is that el yunque is in the same direction as the signal and that rainforest is always cloudy so the 125 signal I get in Bayamon(using TP25 spotbeam on 110w) turns into an 86 in Fajardo

if I added 61.5 in fajardo I was 99.9% sure my signal would not get passed 40%
so I took the dish I had and used it for 110w and 119w
using a bracket I purchased at a local dealer

off topic I know but with the new HD and changes comming what will be the minimum size of dish required to get 110w?I have a spare 18inch DTV dish I could use 1.5 ft

Still excited for the new HD I hope DN releases it already!

I did a trick! I cancel my account with my name and came back again with my wife's name and got a free 211 vip a nd convert it to a dvr with a external hard drive records 200 sd hr and 50 hd hr pay only one time 39.99 for that fee and thats all! 1 year contract!
Nice I had almost the same thing as you
my first dn account back at home was under my mom
here I wanted to put her name but I wasnt able to since her SSN number was already registered with dish

I placed it under the name of my old man and got a free 625 and 322
the 322 had problems and was deactivated until I got a replacement receiver
then there was an error with their system and the 322 didnt wanna activate
so I sold the 322 for 130$ and with 30bucks more I bought the 222k sealed

right now active I have the 222k and the 625 gathering dust starting today!
sure would love to avoid the DVR fee but I needed a dual tuner receiver, to feed my home theater and bedroom tv and to avoid that fee I went with the 222k instead of the 722k

nel if you can help me out with the last question on my previous post, thanks!

.IF...u have a dish pointed at 61.5 & also sub to Dish Premium movie packs....then those HD channels can be pulled in from 61.5 under the new HD pack that will be offered to us. This was not like this before this new pack.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I have a dish pointed at 61.5, subscribe to premiums, but don't have a HD pak. I have always received my premiums from 61.5 in HD without an HD pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)