Dish new HD Pack for Puerto Rico

Think I got the HD offer. See the chat with CSR. I will try later to see if I get the rec upgrade

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Adam Q..
(03) Adam Q.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Adam Q.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Adam Q.: How can I provide you with the best value and service today?
: today started a new HD Pak for Puerto Rico with 9 month free. do you have more info
(03) Adam Q.: Thank you for providing the information.
(03) Adam Q.: Let me check that for you.
(03) Adam Q.: Thank you for your time.
(03) Adam Q.: I am sorry to inform you that the offer is not available on your account yet.
(03) Adam Q.: I see that you have Classic Gold 250 package on the account.
(03) Adam Q.: Are you enjoying the programming?
: friends have order it today
(03) Adam Q.: I understand your concern.
(03) Adam Q.: Unfortunately, that offer does not show up on your account.
: that I know. I can not order HD online because no HD pack shows
(03) Adam Q.: I see that you removed HD Pak on 07/31/09.
(03) Adam Q.: Please be online.
: ok
(03) Adam Q.: I has just popped on your account and I was able to add it.
: let me see just a sec
(03) Adam Q.: Sure thing.
: and how do I know that the offer I was talking about
(03) Adam Q.: I have added HD Pak to your account and it just shows up as $0.00
(03) Adam Q.: It was added to your account free.
: ok
: do you see receiver upgrade offer
(03) Adam Q.: Let me check that for you.
(03) Adam Q.: I am sorry. The receiver upgrade offer is not available at this time.
(03) Adam Q.: Do you have any more questions for me?
: nop
: thanks
(03) Adam Q.: You're very welcome.
(03) Adam Q.: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
: yes
(03) Adam Q.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network.

This is how my account looks now:

Current Programming: Classic Gold 250
Local Channels: Puerto Rico DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, HBO, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: HD ENABLED, Nosports, HD Pak

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals!!

Just added the HD with the 9 months free! Just 15 minutes via chat and took 2 minutes to activate and receive...

Transcript:

You have been connected to (03) Jane A..
(03) Jane A.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Jane A.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Jane A.: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
(03) Jane A.: For account security purposes, can I please verify the full name and address with zip code that is on the account?
Luis Donato: Good evening Jane
(03) Jane A.: Good evening!
Luis Donato: Luis Donato XXXXXXXXXX (gave my billing address)
(03) Jane A.: Thank you, Luis.
Luis Donato: You're welcome. I would like to add HD programming package.
(03) Jane A.: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Luis Donato: OK
(03) Jane A.: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
Luis Donato: OK
(03) Jane A.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Jane A.: I will add the HD package on the account now.
(03) Jane A.: The new monthly rate will be $XXXXX.
(03) Jane A.: I have made the changes on the account. Please allow 10-15 minutes for the changes to take effect.
(03) Jane A.: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Luis Donato: Thanks. The monthly rate has stayed the same. I believe that is because I receive your promotion of 9 months for free. Is that right?
(03) Jane A.: Yes, you are correct.
(03) Jane A.: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Luis Donato: Everything has been handled great and to my satisfaction. Thanks for everything. I will wait for the changes.
(03) Jane A.: You're very welcome.
(03) Jane A.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

I am getting:

APL, DISC, HIST, TOON, CMDY, DISE, DISXD, NICK, TNT, USA, A&E, SYFY, BRAVO, FOOD, FX, HGTV, LIFE, SPIKE, TBS, HDTHR, HDNET, HDNMV, MTV, CNBC, CNN, TWC, ESPN, ESPN2, TLC, and my premiums (some from 61.5).

Contrary of what is stated in the Dish web site, I don't receive MavTV, or Fashion TV. I also don't receive WGN or any of the others added to 110 from 61.5 (CI, etc)

Hope everyone receives their HD soon!

I just wish they added the others from 110 (esp. WGN) and 61.5.....

I chat againg and got a and was offer SD duo Dvr under a lease upgrade free of charge, I have a 722 for my HDTV and need a due sd for my other 2 TV.

strange I didnt know they lease for PR?

You have been connected to (03) Alistair R.
(03) Alistair R: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Alistair R: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Alistair R: I will be glad to help you.
(03) Alistair R: I see that you can purchase VIP 211 receiver for the purchase cost of $299.00 as no free leased promotion available for that.
(03) Alistair R: You can add SD duo receiver under a leased upgrade free of charge absolutely.
: The upgrade to VIP 211 was anounce By Dish. it is for 49.99. and started today, some friends upgraded today and other people are saying that in forum
(03) Alistair R: You can add SD duo receiver under a leased upgrade free of charge absolutely, however, I do not see the leased promotion.
(03) Alistair R: I request that you check back with us regarding this.
(03) Alistair R: Is there something else I can assist you with today?
: is this sd due a dvr
(03) Alistair R: Yes, that's correct.
: how many dvr I can have under my account
(03) Alistair R: You can have either two duo DVR's or 4 solo DVRs on your account.
(03) Alistair R: Would there be anything else I can assist you with at this time?
: yes, one more question
(03) Alistair R: Sure, go ahead.
: I have a vip222 and a 301. I have a vip722 coming on the mail. if I get the sd duo. can I unsub the Vip222 and 301 and activate the other 2?
(03) Alistair R: Yes, you can. Please contact us once you receive that equipment.
(03) Alistair R: Do you have any more questions for me at this time?
: if I do that I wont have problem with my contract?
(03) Alistair R: No, if you have your own receiver, there would not be any contract.
: what I have to do with the rec I unsub? return it?
(03) Alistair R: You can deactivate your current receivers and then return once we send the boxes.
(03) Alistair R: What else can I assist you with?
: what is the monthly charge for DVR? what is the montly charge for lease? if I upgrade to a SD duo
: ?
(03) Alistair R: Normal standard receivers are charged $5 a month as an additional outlet charge.
(03) Alistair R: There is a monthly charge of $5.98 for the DVR Service.
: for each dvr service
(03) Alistair R: That's correct.
: what is the model of the sd duo
(03) Alistair R: I will provide you a link where you can check the details.
(03) Alistair R: HDTV Satellite Receivers & HDTV DVR Receivers at DISH Network
(03) Alistair R: You can find the detail information about all the model receivers.
: just to meke sure. you see on my account that I can upgrade to this Rec? just in case a chat with other CSR
(03) Alistair R: That's correct.
: ok, thanks
(03) Alistair R: You're very welcome.
(03) Alistair R: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great night! I will now end this session. Bye, take care.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

How does the upgrade works? I have a 311 in my closet, but is not activated. I would like to upgrade it with a vip 211.

Finally got my HD!!!!!!!!!! Yupi!!!!!

After 3 days of suffering I finally got my HD programming. I did it thru chat and requested to discontinue my current HD plan and reconnecting specifically the Puerto Rico HD Pak. He did that and voila it worked! If you are having trouble do not call CSR. They don't know crap. Try the chat and insist for the Puerto Rico HD Pak.

After 3 days of suffering I finally got my HD programming. I did it thru chat and requested to discontinue my current HD plan and reconnecting specifically the Puerto Rico HD Pak. He did that and voila it worked! If you are having trouble do not call CSR. They don't know crap. Try the chat and insist for the Puerto Rico HD Pak.

I am trying it to do it for a friend now in the chat!

Well yesterday I had to be out with the wife so before leaving to dinner I called dish and asked what the heck are they going to do with my HD?
they said theyre activation systems for PR and new offers was glitchy,the agent promised me I had the new package code on my account but I had to wait
I had no other choice so I went to dinner and got back and found all of the HD open:)

even channels that I dont get in SD appear in HD!(like FX disneyXD,APL,etc)

I did a trick! I cancel my account with my name and came back again with my wife's name and got a free 211 vip a nd convert it to a dvr with a external hard drive records 200 sd hr and 50 hd hr pay only one time 39.99 for that fee and thats all! 1 year contract!

Hi Nel, I am planning to do what you did, cancel my account and open a new one in my wife's name. From where did you get the new free vip 211, with dish directly? I also have a VIP 622 in my current account, will I be able to transfer that receiver to the new account?

Hi Nel, I am planning to do what you did, cancel my account and open a new one in my wife's name. From where did you get the new free vip 211, with dish directly? I also have a VIP 622 in my current account, will I be able to transfer that receiver to the new account?

Well, I'm not Nel;)
but I can help

if you close your current account and you are out of your contract dish should leave the receiver deactivated and ready to activate on any account

if you are in a contract and cancel dish will send you a box in the mail for you to send them the receiver

if you are out of contract just cancel, open the new account through dish directly and ask for the receiver you want(since we are in PR they will probably tell you to call a dealer and have them setup the account,its okay either way)
once you have the new account along with the new receiver(s)
just call dish and tell them you wish to activate another receiver
they will ask to for the smartcard number along with the receiver number

after this you will be charged an aditional fee on your bill for the receiver you just activated

Well yesterday I had to be out with the wife so before leaving to dinner I called dish and asked what the heck are they going to do with my HD?
they said theyre activation systems for PR and new offers was glitchy,the agent promised me I had the new package code on my account but I had to wait
I had no other choice so I went to dinner and got back and found all of the HD open:)

even channels that I dont get in SD appear in HD!(like FX disneyXD,APL,etc)

Your are saying that no matter which basic pak you have, dish will activate all the hd channels except the premiums. If that is true, AWESOME news.

Your are saying that no matter which basic pak you have, dish will activate all the hd channels except the premiums. If that is true, AWESOME news.
its not official but it is what I am getting
In my case just to name one, APL(Animal Planet)
is not included on classic bronze 100 which is my package
but it is included in the 9.99 HD pack and for some reason I am able to view it and its not even available on my bronze package.

I'm pretty sure its a bug and it will be patched soon so we receive HD equivalent to our SD channels,and if its not Good for us!

My Folks HD Channels appeared on Saturday with no intervention from me, but I activated an account for my brother since he had Onelink, and ti wasn't until last night that the account was fixed. He payed a lot for HD with Onelink, and the 9 months free of HD, plus the $25 for 6 months is a great dea. Also Skinny Max for a Penny for a year is another great deal.

So it is already time for you folks to request new channels? :)

its not official but it is what I am getting
In my case just to name one, APL(Animal Planet)
is not included on classic bronze 100 which is my package
but it is included in the 9.99 HD pack and for some reason I am able to view it and its not even available on my bronze package.

I'm pretty sure its a bug and it will be patched soon so we receive HD equivalent to our SD channels,and if its not Good for us!

I dont think is a bug. In the website it says that you can add the HD pak to Dish Latino Classic and the only HD available would be Disney XD. I dont think they would chage us $10 for just one channel. In the US you can add HD to Dish Latino MAx only, that not the case to PR. Maybe they would do something different to PR they offer the HD pak to any basic pak, because they know that the 33 channel is all that we can get. There no more space in the spotbeams.

C'mmon Symbol you want more channels admit it.. hahaha :)

This is great, my father watched the Food Network all day Saturday and Sunday. He kept saying the same thing "It looks great". He doesn't watch ESPN, or TNT. HD net sometimes, so the only channel he actually watched in HD before was HD Theater and sometimes HBO. So he very happy that for the same $10 he's getting all those channels.

Starz HD no closed caption

Hi

Starz HD in 4924 (PR spotbeam) does not have closed captioning activated (at least right now). Starz HD in 350 and Starz SD in 350 both have CC, so I assume it's not a problem from the source (Starz), but something with DISH.

Does anyone know who to email asking to check this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)