Dish new HD Pack for Puerto Rico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For those who are asking about how to do upgrades you can call locally to this phone number (787) 264-2923(Todays television) and ask for them.Our team summit is on friday so more info is yet to come.The only bad news I can come with is the State charges((ivu) will be shown on your invoices soon.

I knew that crap would come soon!:eek:

Hi People

Mylo I have HD Gold + Plat and also get the map down of the PR HD Pack on the respective channels numbers. What ever comes off sat 110 is on its mapped down location and the others come off 61.5. What I told the advance technical department CSR was to ad HD Gold + Plat and specificaly told him to leave the PR locals and mapped down what ever HD channels I could get off Sat 110. Everything is working great. You have to be specific with them on what you want and they will do it.

Tom I worked with the 6' channel master this weekend and got TP 9 up from 4 all the way to 20-21 and TP 24 is up from 12 to 15-17. But still TP 24 drops down to 9 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and also from 6:30am to 7:30am. Weird but this is happening only to TP 24 when the sun is either directly sideways on the east or west. The rest of the TP's dont get affected by this. Strange ???????? Anyway I am trying to get a hold of a GeoSatPro 2.4 meter (8 footer). It is nicely constructed made out of steel and the price is $325. It is also made out of 6 individual panels witch makes it shippable to any location in a relative small box. Hope this will give me better relaiability to sat 61.5.

Ok. So I did have some luck today.. I did a chat with a dish representative and he was able to add the PR HD Pak to my account without hesitation. He said it is free because I already have the channels on the Gold HD Package. So right now 4900-49XX are visible and available in my receivers. Thanks God!.. the only thing remaining right now is the Channel map down that currently is pointing to the 61.5 location but I guess I can live with that!... Probably in a couple of days I will give it another shot...

-mylo

Great Milo

Would you post your signal strenght fot the TP's on sat 61.5. I am trying to see what everybody is getting on diferent parts of the island for this sat. Pleae post your antenna size and model. I loose TP 24 for about an hour during dawn and then again at dusk for another hour, everything else is up 24/7.

On the map down issue I have notice that one day the channels reflect that they are coming from sat 110 and the next day they come off of sat 61.5. It has been alternating like this, so I guess the reciver is confused on wish sat it should mapdown the channel; since is getting the channel feed from both sat's. The ones that are only on sat 61.5 like the Science Ch, NetGeo, Paladia ect. are for obious resons coming allways from 61.5 on the mappdown.

Glad everybody is happy about this,Now I'll will share some info about the new promotion that start on Saturday and the changes for PR/USVI costumers.Starting Aug 1 PR costumers can install up to 4 rcvs(2 singles with 1 dual or 2 duals with 24 months contract)The new channels for latino program(already discuss on a Scott thread)only will be available on vip rcvrs.The new setup for new install wiil be 4' and 1 30" dish.DPP setup also will be available for new install, DPP 33 switches and lnbs(I don't now if al retailers will do it from the beginning).All new costumers who activate any HD receiver/program by Aug 1 will be FREE until May 2010.HBO and SHO will remain for3 months free.New costumers with any metal packages will have 15 dollars credit for 12 months,costumers who choose any latino package will get 10 dollars credit for 12 months.
Current costumers(PR)now can make recvrs upgrades their contracts.
Qualifies all costumers who have at least a year with DN,The swap must be the same equipment as the current costumer have,ex 301/311 = 211k ,single dvrs not clear if you will get a dual dvr like 612,622(those are the rcvrs available for upgrade).
The cost for upgrade is as follow:
211k or 222 = $49.99 with 24 month contract
612 or 622 = $199.99 with 24 month contract
This is it,more info for PR will be share later on.:):)

Hi technogy,

Do you know when does the current customers (PR) can make receiver upgrades? I have someone that's been calling dish for 2 days now and the csr's know nothing about this promotion.

Today there a meeting with the Dish Reps in the Hotel la Concha San Juan for the Retailers. I can't be there because of my work but my partner is there. I received a PM yesterday regarding the receiver upgrades, we have no information yet but the subject is going to be covered on the meeting.

Rdavidowski, I'm planning to fine tune my Dish this weekend. I lost HBO signature this week. There was a construccion on my house, they finished yesterday and they we working close to my 61.5 Dish. A fine tune was needed anyway so I'll let you know.

Mylo do you had the HD Package from the States? You simply add the PR package to what you already had?

rdavidowski,

I'm in Caguas, PR as well. I'm using a 6 footer channel master for the 61.5 orbital.. I haven't aligned the ant for quite some time so probably I will need to do it soon. TP24 is very weak in my house as well. Mostly TP19, TP24 are the ones I'm having problems with right now.

Tom_P,

You're correct.. I had the USA HD Package since day one. Yesterda I did a chat with a dish representative and I was able to also add the PR HD PAk. So right now I have GOLD HD / PLATINUM HD and PR HD PACK.

-mylo

Last edited:
rdavidowski,

I'm in Caguas, PR as well. I'm using a 6 footer channel master for the 61.5 orbital.. I haven't aligned the ant for quite some time so probably I will need to do it soon. TP24 is very weak in my house as well. Mostly TP19, TP24 are the ones I'm having problems with right now.

Tom_P,

You're correct.. I had the USA HD Package since day one. Yesterda I did a chat with a dish representative and I was able to also add the PR HD PAk. So right now I have GOLD HD / PLATINUM HD and PR HD PACK.

-mylo
i also have platinum plus the hd's on the 49xx's basically all of the for 10.00

Hi technogy,

Do you know when does the current customers (PR) can make receiver upgrades? I have someone that's been calling dish for 2 days now and the csr's know nothing about this promotion.

Hello Softw
As I stated before since last Saturday you can make the upgrades I shown in the post you quoted(remember the costumer have to be current with at least 1 year svc)You can do the upgrade locally via retailers(not all of them are able to do it).You friend can call Todays Television at (787)264-2923) they can do the upgrade with the terms DN requires.

Hello Softw
As I stated before since last Saturday you can make the upgrades I shown in the post you quoted(remember the costumer have to be current with at least 1 year svc)You can do the upgrade locally via retailers(not all of them are able to do it).You friend can call Todays Television at (787)264-2923) they can do the upgrade with the terms DN requires.

Thanks!

Hi to all, I have a 5.5 ft antenna, I don’t know which brand (not a Channel Master), pointing now at 119. Would that be enough to get a good signal from 61.5? If yes, what type of switches do I need to connect all three satellites for three receivers? I live in Canovanas. I would like to see National Geo HD and Science Channel HD. Are these channels available from 61.5? If they are, are they in the strong transponders or in the weak ones?

Hi to all, I have a 5.5 ft antenna, I don’t know which brand (not a Channel Master), pointing now at 119. Would that be enough to get a good signal from 61.5? If yes, what type of switches do I need to connect all three satellites for three receivers? I live in Canovanas. I would like to see National Geo HD and Science Channel HD. Are these channels available from 61.5? If they are, are they in the strong transponders or in the weak ones?

Yes you can use it, but transponder 19 and 24 won't be locked because of your location. I've done this for some friends who were willing to sacrifice a few channels. Don't do it for customers because I don't want to get complaints.:rant:

Switches? Well from sw-21X, to a DPP44 or the new model which I can't remeber, you name it. Are going legacy or Dish Pro. The sw-21x will work with a sw-21. Google the installation instructions. Remeber now you are going to have 3 lnbs. If you go the Dish pro way(my advice) you'll only need one cable from each lnb not 2 like the legacy(sw-21, sw-44, sw-64). How many receivers you have? With that info we can help you..

Yes you can use it, but transponder 19 and 24 won't be locked because of your location. I've done this for some friends who were willing to sacrifice a few channels. Don't do it for customers because I don't want to get complaints.:rant:

Switches? Well from sw-21X, to a DPP44 or the new model which I can't remeber, you name it. Are going legacy or Dish Pro. The sw-21x will work with a sw-21. Google the installation instructions. Remeber now you are going to have 3 lnbs. If you go the Dish pro way(my advice) you'll only need one cable from each lnb not 2 like the legacy(sw-21, sw-44, sw-64). How many receivers you have? With that info we can help you..

Thanks Tom, I have 3 receivers. Will a sw-64 alone work?

you can use a 5.5 for the 61.5

Channels on Dish Latino Bonus Pack Puerto Rico

Did someone subscribed to the new Dish Latino Bonus Pack in Puerto Rico?

Are u receiving already Discovery Kids Latin America, Animal Planet & National Geographic Latin America Latin America?

Do you receive Telemundo East in PR... I saw on the dish network website that this channel is available en PR... Is that correct?

Finally... the Dish Latino Bonus Pack info that I found on the dish network website says it has Boomerang, History Espanol and Playboy Espanol... but those 3 do not appear in the Latino Bonus Pack that I saw in the PR pages... those 3 channels are not received in PR? I had the Latino Bonus Pack some time ago and received Playboy Espanol and History Espanol... but I don't know if they removed them from our package because they added the other 3 from latin america.

If anyone knows about this please let me know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts