DISH NEW HD Press Release

I understand the frustration the 61.5 people have over this but DISH could either launch the new HD for those that can get it or put it on hold for everyone while they fix their satellite problem.

Scott has hinted a few times that they HAD to launch (possiblly due to contracts with drop dead launch dates in them?)

Too many seem to be taking this as if DISH set out to screw them. 61.5 is on it's deathbed like 129 was a year ago. DISH has applied to move a sat over to help out, you will get your new HD.

What exactly are you basing your statement on?

You certainly are entitled to speculate, as I and others have done, but there is no evidence that Charlie had to do it this way. "Set out" to screw 61.5 subscribers? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that he didn't set out to launch the channels and found that it was easier to do it by screwing them. Or set out to get national HD off 61.5 and purposely didn't put the channels on that satellite (or mirror them to 110/119).

What exactly are you basing your statement on?

You certainly are entitled to speculate, as I and others have done, but there is no evidence that Charlie had to do it this way. "Set out" to screw 61.5 subscribers? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that he didn't set out to launch the channels and found that it was easier to do it by screwing them. Or set out to get national HD off 61.5 and purposely didn't put the channels on that satellite (or mirror them to 110/119).

Chill out Francis. It's not based on anything.

Read and understand.

Keep thinking Charlie is out to get you.

As you've said, you guys utilizing 129 suffered for a long time so you're entitled to enjoy your new HD.

I don't recall 61.5 people gloating back when 129 was on its last legs, however, and many were glad when your new sat went up. I would expect that many, if not most, 129ers would express similar sentiments towards 61.5ers now.

Only available for those with 129 or 72.7. If you have 61.5, you're SOL and will need to get setup with a new dish depending on where you live.

I connected back up 129. Now running with 119, 110, 61.5, and 129. I think I have all the HD channels now. Hope I don't need 72.7. Thanks for your help.

As you've said, you guys utilizing 129 suffered for a long time so you're entitled to enjoy your new HD.

I don't recall 61.5 people gloating back when 129 was on its last legs, however, and many were glad when your new sat went up. I would expect that many, if not most, 129ers would express similar sentiments towards 61.5ers now.

No one is gloating. You jumped all over me for my post.

As you said, you are entiteld to speculate and so am I.

I took what I read posted by Scott, threw out a possible reason why the HD was launched instead of delayed that you did not like.

Don't take it personally, no one is out to get you.

No one is gloating. You jumped all over me for my post.

As you said, you are entiteld to speculate and so am I.

I took what I read posted by Scott, threw out a possible reason why the HD was launched instead of delayed that you did not like.

I think if you reread your initial post you'd see how it could be construed as summarily dismissing all the points made by myself and others who are upset about this situation.

Regardless, I didn't intend to "jump all over you", I apologize if I came across that way.

And I don't think anyone (at least anyone mentioned here) is out to get me.

Again, enjoy your HD.

I don't think most of us are saying Charlie is out to personally screw us. We are just saying this should have been handled better. Like free dish upgrades to customers who are missing the HD.

I do detect a little, maybe not gloating, but apathy from the 129 folks. We sympathized with you on the E5 problems, and celebrated with you on the Ciel-2 launch. But no such courtesy for us.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...k-activity-report-34-changes.html#post2101911

This is the post by Scott I was refering to. Note he indicates they HAD to launch.

Coincidently, his post is likely in response to your post just prior to this one. You also quoted this post in a later response.

You can put your own spin on "they have to launch these channels..." but it seems to indicate external pressure on DISH to do it now rather than delay.

Last edited:
Good deal. Charles I forget why you still need 61.5? Locals? You may not need it at all.

Because I like to watch the Pentagon Channel (9405). When I joined Dish September 2007 the Pentagon Channel was only on 61.5 and 148. My area (St Louis) at the time required a Dish 1000+ (119,110,118,129). So that is the reason I have two dishes. Had to install the Dish 500 at my own expense so I could get channel 9405, a public service type network. According to the list channel 9405 is now on 61.5 and 129 so I guess I don't need 61.5 anymore. I was surprised this morning when I read Scott's thread about the new HD channels and I couldn't find the HD "E" Channel (114) in my guides. Then I checked the list and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I don't think the list have been updated yet with the new HD channels. Anyway, I think I am good to go now. Thanks RandallA again for your help. You have been a good asset to this Forum helping out everyone.

I don't think most of us are saying Charlie is out to personally screw us. We are just saying this should have been handled better. Like free dish upgrades to customers who are missing the HD.

I do detect a little, maybe not gloating, but apathy from the 129 folks. We sympathized with you on the E5 problems, and celebrated with you on the Ciel-2 launch. But no such courtesy for us.

I don't disagree that they have an opportunity to make things right.

This is DISH we are talking about, they hardly ever fully anticipate the consequences of their actions.

Launching a satellite is slightly out of the realm of my control, my sympathy over your plight will not change the fact the death of 61.5 is imminent just like 129 before it almost wobbled out of orbit into the atmosphere.

Launching a satellite is slightly out of the realm of my control, my sympathy over your plight will not change the fact the death of 61.5 is imminent just like 129 before it almost wobbled out of orbit into the atmosphere.

It would be better than the general feeling I'm getting from many here, which is "I got mine, so STFU."

It would be better than the general feeling I'm getting from many here, which is "I got mine, so STFU."
All STFU statements have been made in response to the malcontents who refuse to believe Dish was caught between a rock and a hard place or preach the typical "Dish is out to get me" BS. Those who rather gripe than get informed.

I have to admit that I can't get excited over things out of my control.

Hence, my statement that I understand 61.5 customers are frustrated.

I see this as 2 seperate issues:

1) Did DISH have to launch now rather than delay and wait for a 61.5 solution? From what I read it sounds plausible.

2) Now that they launched what is the remedy for the 61.5 customers? New presser seems to address how DISH intends to handle this, case by case. My read is some of you will get put on Western Arc or given a wing dish for 129 for little to no charge and some of you will be told pay up or shut up.

Pay up of shut up people have a legitimate gripe.

I have to admit that I can't get excited over things out of my control.

Hence, my statement that I understand 61.5 customers are frustrated.

I see this as 2 seperate issues:

1) Did DISH have to launch now rather than delay and wait for a 61.5 solution? From what I read it sounds plausible.

2) Now that they launched what is the remedy for the 61.5 customers? New presser seems to address how DISH intends to handle this, case by case. My read is some of you will get put on Western Arc or given a wing dish for 129 for little to no charge and some of you will be told pay up or shut up.

The point is of course that there is nothing to demonstrate that Dish had to do what they did. Anyone who claims they "know" otherwise (not that I'm saying you are, don't want to start that again) is misinformed or foolish.

"Launching" can mean a number of things. They can "launch" only on the new satellites or they can "launch" on the new satellites and 110/119. So even assuming (a BIG assumption) that they had to launch the channels it is possible there were choices Dish could have made to show that we with 61.5 dishes mattered to them. Right now no one knows what the true story is and Dish isn't talking. That's what p****s people off.

Last edited:

I think anyone told to pay, even if $15 has a legitimate grip. It should not be handled "case by case", it should be a free upgrade to anyone that wants the HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts