DISH News on FOX San Diego

OK. The situation just changed. All the timers I set using Dish Pass disappeared this morning. They were all there. Now they are mostly gone and the few MLBN games still there are shown as blacked out. And the zap2it listing changed too. A bunch of games that were showing as MLBN switched to PRIME which is the LA regional sports channel and most certainly is always blacked out in SD. Only the opening day is showing as still being available. So I guess they figure they threw us a bone with that one game and now we should shut up. Or it's possible but not likely Scott was wrong and they may have finally sealed the deal to carry FoxsportSD. And maybe pigs will fly too.

I so despise Dish management.

Back in the fifties, sixties ,and early seventies ,when I was a young man, late at night here in West Texas we could pick up KFI. Listened to a lot of Dodger games with Vin Scully and Jerry Dogget and learned to love the game. Great times and great memories. Sometimes I think baseball was better on the radio.
The guy is much loved in L.A. and he does sound super knowledgeable. If I were ever to move there I'd be a fan of him and the Dodgers eventually.

Last edited:
The guy is much loved in L.A. and he does sound super knowledgeable. If I were ever to move there I'd be a fan of him and the Dodgers eventually.
I was listening to the game between the Angels and Dodgers the other day, and Vin is starting to sound ..., hate to say it, ... old. I guess he has a right to. I remember listening to Vin in the 50's myself. He still has a gift for calling baseball.

I was listening to the game between the Angels and Dodgers the other day, and Vin is starting to sound ..., hate to say it, ... old. I guess he has a right to. I remember listening to Vin in the 50's myself. He still has a gift for calling baseball.
According to Wikipedia he was born in 1927. Makes me feel like a teenager.

From ESPN LA:

"Scully, who is entering his 63rd season with the Dodgers, still will call more than 100 games this season, with the first three innings simulcast on radio before Charley Steiner and Rick Monday take over the radio call for the final six innings."

The other day? Vin hasn't called a game all year

Boy when it rains it pours. The last game shown in my timers just flipped over to blacked out. No opening day either.

Now it's official "no baseball for me".

I hope all Dish executives involved with this die poor and alone.

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately It did seem you would be blacked out, but I was hoping for you. You're only real complaint is that Dish isn't carrying the new RSN. The blackout rules have nothing to do with Dish. While I happen to think too many RSN's are breaking the system, I do feel bad you can't see the games.

Hey Steve, if you're in the blackout area, you're close enough to go to Petco. Or you can still enjoy the game at a sports bar. The UT today had a list of places showing the game.

No Padres home opener on TV? No problem. | UTSanDiego.com
Ya but we're not "leaving the house" people (nobody to drive us home;)). Actually we ride the trolley when we go. It's only a mile and a half from the station to the house and buses run to with in a half block of the house.

We generally only get to dogfood park once or twice a season when my brother comes down with his Dodger hat and coat that he enjoys showing everybody.

I was here working on the computer tonight, listening to the MLB Network broadcast of the Rangers/Mexico City game, and then the Padres/Royals game came on and I'm saying "cool, I can watch that tonight". Then suddenly in the bottom of the 1st, the blackout banner came up on the screen. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, until I remembered that we are not just in Rangers territory, but also in Cardinals and Royals territory. And sure enough, hidden in the "Alt RSN" channels, the game was there. :)

Only problem is, it's the Royals broadcast, so I still don't get Dick Enberg calling the game. :(

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately It did seem you would be blacked out, but I was hoping for you. You're only real complaint is that Dish isn't carrying the new RSN. The blackout rules have nothing to do with Dish. While I happen to think too many RSN's are breaking the system, I do feel bad you can't see the games.
Thanks.

Besides Dish executives being a**holes because they won't carry my RSN I get POed by the way they handle these situations.

Ads imply everybody gets their RSN, if it exists. But the reality is you get your RSN if it isn't too much work or money. Iceberg pointed out I'm not alone as Milwaukee and others are left out too. They need to either "go the extra mile" and carry them all or quit using "RSNs for all" in their advertising.

Then a genuine CSR told me I was going to get all the games four days ago. This shows shortcomings in CSR hires or training or support or all three. Either way I don't blame the CSR. I blame his management. And those guys are only going to be as good as their bosses expect. So you're back at the top floor and the yahoos that run the place, who I despise.

I love Dish Equipment. The Dirt guys here are super. Their prices are as good or better than anyone else's. The channel packages are as good as anyone else's. Picture quality is first rate. And the installers have always been complete professionals in my house.

But the company is lead by idiots. I'm continually surprised it continues to execute as well as it does with its total lack of effective leadership.

I'm sorry all. No mas from me on this. Promise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts