DISH No Longer Allows Recording Certain PPVS . . .?

It may be "plain as day" on the guide.

The guide is not the only place to order these and, if you are using a certificate, you need to go through dish.com where it certainly does not say that.

The tragedy here is that I may be forced to break the seal on my blu ray. A limited edition steelbook, even. Shame on you, Dish.

Seriously, just put a consistent message everywhere one can order these . . . . and coach up the CSRs - it's not rocket science.

It may be "plain as day" on the guide.

The guide is not the only place to order these and, if you are using a certificate, you need to go through dish.com where it certainly does not say that.....

Seriously, just put a consistent message everywhere one can order these . . . . and coach up the CSRs - it's not rocket science.

We can agree on that... :)

Just another reason why I don't use DISH any longer for pay per views. Besides the over inflated price of the pay per views . When they went from $3.99 to 5.99 then 6.99 and now to $9.00 for some, I said that it was too much . I can still pay around $3.99 for pay per views on Vudu over my blu ray player.

Reactions: AZ. and old corps
I don't get it why some studios cant enforce the 24 hour rule like it was...ie..record but watch in certain period & once started finish the PPV in 24 hours. These PPV movie rentals are already way way way overpriced....& the only thing that was working for these on demand PPV was convenience...and that is also gone.

Reactions: TheKrell
I do have to ask, does this also apply to dtv, and cable providers?Would like to hear from others on this.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well it also applies to all cable and sat providers,I'm sure its the same on most,but would like to know for sure.

Does this recording restriction also apply to VOD. I see the Captain America cannot be recorded as PPV but no such notice appears on VOD.

That's because you cannot record vods at all. They are on demand for a set period of time. You'd have to re rent them to keep them longer

It's interesting to see that this thread is 2 years old and as of today nothing has changed. Go to your dish account and order a ppv then go to record it and find out that you cannot record this movie. Why can't dish simply include "no recording" alerts on their site? Seems like a very simple no brainer. What's really ironic, this thread started in 2014 with a complaint regarding the new at the time Captain America movie and my complaint today, two years later, is about the new Captain America movie released last week. Comon Dish, give us a break.

Reactions: pattykay
It's interesting to see that this thread is 2 years old and as of today nothing has changed. Go to your dish account and order a ppv then go to record it and find out that you cannot record this movie. Why can't dish simply include "no recording" alerts on their site? Seems like a very simple no brainer. What's really ironic, this thread started in 2014 with a complaint regarding the new at the time Captain America movie and my complaint today, two years later, is about the new Captain America movie released last week. Comon Dish, give us a break.
Nothing has changed because Dish's contract with Disney has not come up for renewal yet.