Dish now asking if I am still watching, and shuts off if I don’t respond

DonaldStewart

Original poster
Nov 30, 2021
Sammamish, WA
Sometime in the last month, my Hopper started asking if I was still watching a program if I hadn’t touched the controller in a while, and it shuts off the program if I don’t respond. This is annoying, but I can deal with it if I am home. However, I like to leave the TV on for the dogs to watch when I leave home for a few hours, and they have no way to respond. Is there any way to eliminate this “feature?”

Because it can't take updates if it's not in stand-bye mode, allegedly
All that setting does is to not go into standby when you are watching something. I have had that None set for over 20 years and have no issue with updates because I do press the power button to go into standby when I am finished watching. The actual settings are: Settings, Power, Inactivity Timeout instead of Standby...

Your forgetting that the machines are never OFF.
I know, I didn't say off.

All that setting does is to not go into standby when you are watching something. I have had that None set for over 20 years and have no issue with updates because I do press the power button to go into standby when I am finished watching. The actual settings are: Settings, Power, Inactivity Timeout instead of Standby...
Exactly why I added, "allegedly"

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think DIsh will still sell you DogTV as a separate addon. I didn't think our dogs would even know it was on. They were transfixed!
I never understood Dog TV. My buddy's dog never had a reaction to it, BUT there are videos on YouTube for Dogs that would make her go crazy

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had a customer with a dog that not only would watch, but would go crazy whenever seeing an animal onscreen, convinced that it had to be right there in the room somewhere. Directly behind the set was a flight of stairs which it would run up and down looking high & low for the animals. The customer loved to show this off, btw.

I believe, at least as was with the ViPs, you could pick a time for the daily reboot/updating (default is like 2am).

1651019485531.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)