Dish on FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

4311wade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 25, 2021
Charleston West Virginia
Team,
I just returned from camping vacation with my dish hopper and wingard pathway 2 portable dish. I still have three weeks of paid service on my pay as you go plan I want to utilize so I hooked up my Hopper to my FTA system that has a 8 foot C band and a 3 foot KU band dish with a Disque switch. After pointing the KU band dish and receiving the scrambled notification on the screen I hooked up the hopper and scanned only to receive no signal. Will the FTA lmb pick up dish programing? Is the switch the problem? Please advise.

Depends on your lnb type and frequency range

They can be linear or circular. I'd guess you are running linear
Depends on your lnb type and frequency range

They can be linear or circular. I'd guess you are running linear
1E064279-0FC6-4B80-A542-9D2E4A48DE29.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish uses Circular lnb's. I think 118.9 is the only Linear .
Not exactly. It is circular like all the rest (110/119/129/61/72) but is ran at a different frequency so it does not collide with 119, which can then be picked up with what Dish calls a dual band LNB (because it catches two sat signals from essentially the same orbital location)

105 and 121 are IIRC the only satellites used by Dish at the moment that are linear, and both are for old business services (I think one was repurposed for internet)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts