Dish Online Services - How many concurrent users?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
The main question, how many concurrent viewers are available for the various online services.

With the addition of the HBO Go android app, the Ipad dishonline app, and all the other various online ways to consume the content I pay for, I was wondering if there were limits on concurrent usage on any of them.

I can imagine running into times where I might be streaming something, and my wife would be at the same time. Is that supported? It seems everything is tied to the single account login, which is part of what has me wondering.

I had HBOGo set up on my IPad and then loaded up the app on my Mac. I didn't log out on the Mac and tried to access media on my IPad. The Ipad said that I was logged in somewhere else and that I would have to log off on that somewhere else. When I did that I was able to use it on the IPad. Only one login available at a time seems to be the rule.

They should set it up to allow the number of logins per the account's number of devices, or number of TV's permitted.

ie.. dual tuner DVR ... you get two logins (and specifically would want to have TWO NON-ADMIN ACCOUNTS on top of the administration account ... so that no one accidentally kills something on the account!)

have two dual tuner 722k's and a 211? you get 5 logins .... that what they *SHOULD* do...

Maybe that's what they should do but I bet HBO doesn't want to do that. I have a 722 and a 211. Using your scenario I would have 3 logins. I only have one Ipad. What would keep me from sharing my logins with friends who might not have HBO?

Maybe that's what they should do but I bet HBO doesn't want to do that. I have a 722 and a 211. Using your scenario I would have 3 logins. I only have one Ipad. What would keep me from sharing my logins with friends who might not have HBO?
its not perfect... :) I admit .... they'd have to probably do something like monitor IP access, you'd figure they could at least have two logins.. for an account ... or even at the very least.. if a user has two sling adapters.. they get two logins .. two 922's same thing.. or even just two logins ... one is the admin login that can change services... you figure an adult can handle that... and one for the non-priveledged like for kids, or siblings that mooch off one another.

Darn moochy kids and siblings.... messing it up for everyone.:rant:

Betcha you could do like you did with the Sling Adapters and buy HBO again on another account, and get two logins.. Just saying. :D

(You'd almost think I make a commission.)

That is unfortunate, but I understand. I can just see situations where my wife and I could be traveling, and we both are sparing for online use. It's a continence thing.

Still waiting for the Dish thing that was gonna let me plop a TV down in the kitchen and stream stuff from my receiver in the family room to that tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts