DISH Online took a dive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
The ability to access live TV online was my main reason for choosing Dish. Using a Sling Adapter with a 722k, I had very few problems with Dish Remote Access. Now, with Dish Online, the service has become almost completely useless.

Sometimes, the login to DRA times out. Sometimes, when we finally log in, we go to the Guide, select a program, and we get an information window with only a Close button. Sometimes, we get a Close and a Record button, but no Watch button. Sometimes we get a Watch button, the video starts to load, then the video goes to Dish Neighborhood instead of the selected program. Sometimes, Dish Online will work in one browser but not in another, e.g., in Firefox but not in IE. No pattern. No rhyme. We're lucky to connect 1 in 5 tries. This is supposed to be a pleasure. Instead, it has become an exercise in frustration. If this continues, I'll drop Dish on the basis that they are not living up to any reasonable fulfillment of the contract. Are others having these problems?

I am a new subscriber and I have not been able to create my account in the past two days. It keeps telling me that my email (both email and confirmation fields) is wrong and to fix it and resubmit. The problem is my email is correct in both fields but no go. I tried both ie and firefox, google chrome will not even load the page at all. Not a good start.

The ability to access live TV online was my main reason for choosing Dish. Using a Sling Adapter with a 722k, I had very few problems with Dish Remote Access. Now, with Dish Online, the service has become almost completely useless.

Are others having these problems?
DocPit,
I know how you feel. I can connect live about 55 to 60% of the time. If it does work, you never know which "player" is going to show up. Set a program to record from the internet with dishonline is a crap shoot. About 25% of the time you get home and nothing has been recorded. I just hope the rebate shows up before Dish decides to discontinue it. At least that way, I will not have lost my $99.00. Dishonline needs lots of work to get it working.

RT.

I usually try to connect through dish.sling.com so I can get the [watch live tv] buttons but so far I am so fer up with this Sling ACRAPTER that I am ready to send it (and the 722) back. I just tried connecting after about 30 hours and I got Error 8, then constant error 2's. I haven't been able to get a solid percentage of connects inside my home network since I plugged it in. How am I supposed to rely on this when I got it for when I am 1000 miles from home in an RV campground wanting to stream my local news? HAH!

*Insert expletive curse words here*

Mark_AR ... also take note.. that your DSL speed (you listed in the other thread) with an upload below 1 meg.. will give you SD (lowest quality) setting and might give you the "better" but I'd doubt it.. if upgrading your speed is an option, it might be tried to make sure that you're getting a fast enough and *low latency* response from the various dish/sling servers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts