Dish or Direct TV ? which is better and why?

2482077-weird_thread.jpg

I have been a Dish customer for more than 13 years. I am one of those rare people that dont care about NFL. With that being said and completely candid I always felt Dish was really good at the tech aspects, like sling player integration etc. I also felt the overall bang for the buck channel and programming was better at Dish. As far as rain inteference I live in South Fla and it sometimes gets hairy over here. I usually tune in recorded stuff if I have to. Now I am starting to rethink staying with Dish. As a customer who has Everything 250 Dish offers me very little and wants me to pay for equipment upgrades. From what I can see if I switch to Direct TV I will save $500 + 24 months of promotional programming package. I think I might save a total of up to $1200.00? I have to double check this. I may jump ship. I have two 722K receivers and have not upgraded in a while. I am paying DIsh approx $1700.00 a yr with tax right now. That is a pretty valueable customer who auto pays. Also may years ago I could prepay a full year and save one month service. That was a good incentive for me since they suffer losses from people who dont pay.

By all means, go for the Promo savings. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I do encourage you to confirm your math. AND make sure you factor in whatever upfront equipment costs you'll have to pay, if over and above the new customer minimum. D* can really Ding you there.

I have been a Dish customer for more than 13 years. I am one of those rare people that dont care about NFL. With that being said and completely candid I always felt Dish was really good at the tech aspects, like sling player integration etc. I also felt the overall bang for the buck channel and programming was better at Dish. As far as rain inteference I live in South Fla and it sometimes gets hairy over here. I usually tune in recorded stuff if I have to. Now I am starting to rethink staying with Dish. As a customer who has Everything 250 Dish offers me very little and wants me to pay for equipment upgrades. From what I can see if I switch to Direct TV I will save $500 + 24 months of promotional programming package. I think I might save a total of up to $1200.00? I have to double check this. I may jump ship. I have two 722K receivers and have not upgraded in a while. I am paying DIsh approx $1700.00 a yr with tax right now. That is a pretty valueable customer who auto pays. Also may years ago I could prepay a full year and save one month service. That was a good incentive for me since they suffer losses from people who dont pay.

You might want to try a call to Dish loyalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts