Dish or DirecTV for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I switched to VOOM from D* a month back, but will be dropping VOOM. What I would like to know is how does E* stack up against D* for HD? I know the new D* sat is going to help in the future, but should I wait until more HD rolls out on D* to switch? Does the new sat have WM9 or MPG4 capability and if so, does the present STB have upgrade capability for it?
I have never had E* so I know nothing about their CSR's or reputation or HD abilites, but will be searching th threads for info.

Thanks

go with D*. no questions asked. they will be the leader in HD in no time. D* has the best receivers on the market followed by the next best HD channel line-up. scott tells us this today which he got from his contact at DirecTV:"And then in what I feel is the biggest news, he told me that A LOT of HD is coming to DirecTV, not a few new HD Channels, but a LOT of HD channels. He said we could see more on this within a few weeks. He also would not name and channels here. He did say some at VOOM and Dish would be really surprised with what they are getting ready to roll out." his sources are almost always correct and my contact at INHD tells me they are coming to an agreement with DirecTV very soon for broadcast on their 2 high quality HD channels.

The first question is do you still have your D* hardware for HD? If not and you need to buy new then you're looking at not getting any new customer deals. If you do still have it then I'd say stay with D* for a couple of months and see what happens. The rumor is that D* won't do anything on the HD front until after they get done firing up all the new locals on D7S, then they'll work on any HD, but that's all rumor. As a former E* HD customer IMHO the E* HD hardware lags behind the D* HD hardware, if you switch I think you'd be disappointed.

I never had HD hardware for D*, just a hughes SD rcvr. I am presently w/VOOM, but will be leaving and I'm trying to see what's next.

occammd said:
I never had HD hardware for D*, just a hughes SD rcvr. I am presently w/VOOM, but will be leaving and I'm trying to see what's next.

If you're still currently a D* customer call their customer retention dept and see what kind of deal they'd give you to upgrade to HD, some folks have said they got an upgrade for $99 on a 1 year commitment.

I'm not currently a D* customer, I'm a VOOM customer. I WAS a D* customer until a month ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)