Dish OTA Adapter

jssat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Wooster, OH
I'm sorry if I have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have any insight on when Dish will be getting their OTA Adapters replenished for Hopper 3's? I do need the Dish OTA Adapter for Hopper 3 correct to be able to watch and record OTA?

Can't answer the first part, but yes, you need the adapter to be able to watch OTA (and someday, properly record OTA) on the Hopper 3.

I wonder if Speedy ( MattG@DISH ) might have any info on that? I see he is online right now. :D

You can't record?!?!?

The ability is there, just like in the original two Hopper receivers, but there is a bug specific to the H3 software that causes most H3 OTA recordings for most people to be full of audio drops and video pixelation. Dish is aware of the issue, but it hasn't been fixed in the seven+ months since its release, so its not known when it will actually be fixed. Look in the "Hopper Zone" forum, and you'll see some posts from us OTA users lamenting the problem.

If you have any nearby, have you tried calling any local Dish retailers to see if they have one they might sell you? Perhaps you saw it too, but in another thread, someone just had an install recently and their installer happened to have one on their truck. Just a thought!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)