Dish Pass - Logical statements

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I would KILL to have a feature in the Dish Pass search.

I currently have it set to record "Racing", "Auto Racing", etc....but I want to be able to put in a NOT statement. Meaning record anything racing so long as it does not contain NASCAR in the title.

It records so much Nascar crap its unbelievable. I'd love to be able to throw out hits based on other words that show up.

Dish has indicated they'd rather record something vs miss it. You can always delete a recording you don't want but you can't record it again if it's a one-time showing.

logic statement would be great. would also be very helpful to me if they added the ability to only search specific channels in the search. sometimes literally 100s of matches are returned.

there are many times i know i am only interested in results on one channel. (i.e. 'tennis' results on ESPN2HD only). do a search on 'tennis', and you get 139 results, normally not more than a handful of which are on ESPN2HD.

You can tell it specific channels but I think only on Dish pass, not in the general search.

We watch several racing series, Nascar is not one of them, but they put out so much Nascar crap. I'm dead serious when I'm deleting 5-8 events per day!

Hopefully they'll look into this, I sent on a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)