dish phone call

royt

Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
Kansas
anyone have dish call and tell you that there is a problem with your setup and will come out to to check it out,no charge for service call.

anyone have dish call and tell you that there is a problem with your setup and will come out to to check it out,no charge for service call.

Yes it happens not fishy at all. Your receiver calls the mothership and reports any issues you might be having with the equipment...

I have gone out on a number of these service calls. They are based on data that the receiver reports through the phone line from the Set Top Box health.

To access the STB health select Menu, 6-System Setup, 1-Installation, 3-System Info. The wait for the numbers in box 'a' to stop changing. Then select the button that says 'Details' on the bottom of the screen.

At least two of the criteria that drive these Dish generated service calls are consistently low signal strength and repeated signal losses.

I think that this is still in an experimental phase as I see a lot of service calls to customers that have called in for service but have been having problems for a long time. I would think that their receivers would report the problems before then.

I think that it is good that Dish is trying to be more proactive in providing better service in an attempt to keep customers.

I am amazed sometimes at peoples tolerance to their system going out just because they think that is the way satellite TV is.

Kenn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts