Dish Pics [for Anole]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
As requested by the ever-helpful Anole, here are images of my 2.4 m Ku dish (and more). Just replaced my lost USB dig. camera cable, hence the delay. The dish had heating elements for snow melting, but they never worked. I salvaged the beast from a boneyard where it had been for some years, cleaned it and painted it. It never had an actuator or pole, so I use it in fixed position. LNBFs are currently getting 91, 97, and 113 Ku, and 107.3 C and Ku (with manual turning of waveguide button). The small dish in background of one picture is for 101 DSS audio channels reception.

Attachments

• 2.4m_Front.JPG
    2.4m_Front.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.4m_Back.JPG
    2.4m_Back.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 188
  • LNBFs.JPG
    LNBFs.JPG
    537.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Geese.JPG
    Geese.JPG
    839.9 KB · Views: 174
A+ for creativity and innovation!

Next time someone posts that they can't locate the satellite because the pole isn't level, I will direct them to these photos! :D

Nice solution. Good pix. - ;)

While back, I saw a 1m or 1.2m Primestar "mounted" in a similar fashion.
We would have to put both into special category. :)

I'll give ya one thing: you are using a top quality dish! - :up

edit:
Oh, and I love the ducks! They look delicious! - :D

Last edited:
That paint job(art work) is fantastic! There is real expression here. And it leaves no doubt of it's "eye on the sky" purpose.

Congrats for having the poorest installation ever that still worked!

If the dish falls over the ducks could use it for a pond. Already painted the right color for that.

Actually I like the LNB setup. Kinda looks like multiple microphones at a political speech.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)