dish pissed me off

Until I ran into a couple of installers who did NOT know what they were doing, I considered them BETTER THAN ME. For the most part, I feel the same. They do the JOB I don't want to. And NO, I would never want or expect a Holiday install.

My example was that of cable in this area. No need at all for the tone of your reply. Some of your previous posts would indicate you are capable of better.

My Dish guy was outstanding. They seem to have a better approach to install appointments. So much so that I'll stick with Dish and wait for channels to get added rather than complain and leave for Direct.

i read you subsequent post and went back and deleted my questions.
You were quicker than I.
I read your post the other person that you were going to put on ignore. \
I wanted to know if you were or were not an understanding person. Hence the tone of my queries. You last post indicated that you indeed are understanding .
Kudos.

Ok ..the one cosntant seen here from the "give me a break" people is they all receive premuim compensation for holiday work or as you say "well compensated". We do/are not. There is no time and half or addtional per job pay. And for you to equate critical multi million dollar accounting jobs to pay television is disengenuous at best.
Apples and oranges.
The other factor is that TV has become like a narcotic for some. They don't care about anything or anyone else as long as they get their tv "fix". If that requires a person to give up holidays which for most are family time, so be it. Now to be fair, it is NOT the fault of a customer if their job is scheduled on a holiday. That is NO excuse to perform one's job poorly.
When holidays pop up, we are given the option of working. We are open for business but the office staff is off. I opt out of holidays. While others do not mind working. It is what it is . If a worker agrees to put in time on holidays, that is their choice.

If you don't feel that you are being fairly compensated for your job then you need to find another one. I don't get something extra because I make changes to my schedule or work on a holiday (other than the appreciation from my client for doing a good job). I feel that based on my level of compensation it is only fair that I'm available when they need me. The customers for an installer are their client. If an installer doesn't feel that they are being compensated enough to work for their client when asked then, again, I see no reason to complain, I see an opportunity to find another job/profession. Lots of opportunities out there, you just have to find what is best for you.

Right on. It does work both ways. Making you wait while Jack Customer is out doing who knows what knowing that a job is scheduled is just wrong. "Never underestimate the value of a phone call", I like that. People forget, we are all human. Expecting a person to come right back with an instant reschedule now that they are home is plan selfish. Customer's fault there so they should go back in line.

The customer pays your check. Of course they expect everything.

If you don't feel that you are being fairly compensated for your job then you need to find another one. I don't get something extra because I make changes to my schedule or work on a holiday (other than the appreciation from my client for doing a good job). I feel that based on my level of compensation it is only fair that I'm available when they need me. The customers for an installer are their client. If an installer doesn't feel that they are being compensated enough to work for their client when asked then, again, I see no reason to complain, I see an opportunity to find another job/profession. Lots of opportunities out there, you just have to find what is best for you.
I never said I "felt" (BTW I do not feel, I think) I was undercompensated for holiday work.
That is not the issue. This is not a pissing contest.
You stated very clearly, you were "well compensated". So where's the problem.
I pointed out that there are posters on here who have an agenda( my tv comes first) that believe people who work in the tv provider business are not worthy of getting time off on holidays. DO you want to me to retrieve and repost these comments?
I put a question to the thread ,how many of them would if told to do so ,give up holidays to go to work.
No one has responded to that question.
The nothoin that "this is what we signed up for is flase. Holidays are very light.
I can tell you that the local DNS office here is open but on a light schedule. Techs do not know ahead of time whether they are working or not unless they take the day off ahead of time.
As previously stated I work for a sub. We are given the option of working or having the day off.
Those that work have chosen to do so. We have no such poor perfromance issues like the one that OP described.
A myth..The customers I visit are NOT clients.
They are Dish Network's customers. We are simply the people who do the work.
If each customer was my client, I would then have the right to set my rates of compensation based on the individual job. There would be no "set" pay rates. I would set my rates as any other business person would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)